Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, but I figured it was time to actually get on and post. I work with Full Throttle Motorsports in Lansing, MI and am very excited about Slingshot. Our dealership was a part of the council with Polaris that brought the Slingshot to market, so we've gotten some exclusive access to the vehicle, taking it to Woodward for the Dream Cruise and around Detroit for a few days, and hosting it at our store too.

I posted an album of my adventures with the Slingshot from this past weekend up recently. I never left it's side, it was so much fun to get people to sit in the cockpit and talk about how wildly different this machine is.

I'm really glad to be in good company with others that love Slingshot as much as I do, so I'm glad to finally join the forums today.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
wow....thanks for all the pictures!! Hard to find new stufff!!! Welcome on board and does not hesitate to give us inside information !!:D

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, but I figured it was time to actually get on and post. I work with Full Throttle Motorsports in Lansing, MI and am very excited about Slingshot. Our dealership was a part of the council with Polaris that brought the Slingshot to market, so we've gotten some exclusive access to the vehicle, taking it to Woodward for the Dream Cruise and around Detroit for a few days, and hosting it at our store too.

I posted an album of my adventures with the Slingshot from this past weekend up recently. I never left it's side, it was so much fun to get people to sit in the cockpit and talk about how wildly different this machine is.

I'm really glad to be in good company with others that love Slingshot as much as I do, so I'm glad to finally join the forums today.

Thanks!
Welcome sir, glad to have you aboard and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've photographed every inch of this vehicle, including the cup holders! :D
If you're looking for a pic, or a video or two, feel free to ask.

I even managed a video or two when these guys were riding around!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've photographed every inch of this vehicle, including the cup holders! :D
If you're looking for a pic, or a video or two, feel free to ask.

I even managed a video or two when these guys were riding around!
In Pics 28-29 you show the back end, what type of material are those two 'panels' made of?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What were people's comments about the SS ??
I heard nothing but great stuff ALL DAY every day we showed it. It wasn't until we brought it to the dealership, directly across from a Harley shop that those Harley guys came over (who knew after all these years the Slingshot was going to be what brought them into our fold!?) they picked on some of the little things here and there.
"Oh a Harley trike conversion is cheaper." Yeah, right.
"I don't like the looks." Sure, the nineties was a great decade, why should HD modernize their bikes when Polaris can without you?
ETC

I am happy to finaly see Inside glove box! lol
Yep, that's where the USB dongle is. I meant to take a picture, but I think I forgot this one: there is a cig-outlet style plug in the glovebox AND above the cup holders.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Pics 28-29 you show the back end, what type of material are those two 'panels' made of?
That's a good question, I think it's the same polymer plastic used throughout the bodywork of the vehicle, just unpainted and unpolished.
I can tell you they are affixed with a few specialty screws, and a few plastic snap types at the bottom. The final model may change in production because that left side is where the battery compartment is, and it would be really nice to have easier access to that panel in the event of an emergency!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I noticed that you had photos of the SS on the Triton Aluminum Trailer. Did you happen to notice if the SS was able to be load/unloaded on the trailer ramps without bottoming out? Am curious, as I am searching for a lightweight trailer that does not cause problems with the low ground clearance . .

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed that you had photos of the SS on the Triton Aluminum Trailer. Did you happen to notice if the SS was able to be load/unloaded on the trailer ramps without bottoming out?
The Triton is great... but not perfect. We had to use some... special maneuvers to get it on given both the low clearance and third wheel, but it was nothing a few people and some 'tools' couldn't help.

I don't want to go into too much detail since it was very generous of Polaris to lend us the vehicle, but I asked some of the Polaris folks if an accessory trailer built for Slingshot was in the future, but it seemed like it might not be soon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Kip I was one of many who came to see the SS during the Woodward cruise. Thanks for your time & efforts showing this awesome machine. I'll be 1st in line getting a SL from my local dealer now that they've signed on with Polaris show caseing the Slingshot. Of 4 on order 3 are spoken for already.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Carbon_One, I believe in this machine, and I'm doing all in my power to make sure more people get to experience it as possible. Thanks for coming out too!

I mentioned over at the Facebook page for the SS Forum any member here automatically gets a $200 accessory credit at our shop when they buy an SS, just for being a forum member.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Carbon_One, I believe in this machine, and I'm doing all in my power to make sure more people get to experience it as possible. Thanks for coming out too!

I mentioned over at the Facebook page for the SS Forum any member here automatically gets a $200 accessory credit at our shop when they buy an SS, just for being a forum member.
Any person who buys one, or buys one from your store?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts