Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the following code tripping the CEL, 0-65551-5, which is knock sensor open. I replaced the knock sensor and did have the ECM unplugged for 6+ hours prior to doing so. I have tried the key on/off 5 times as suggested, have added octane boost to rule out a bad tank of gas, and have taken 7-8 rides making sure the engine came up to operating temperature each time. The CEL remains. Is there anything left to look at before heading to the dealer to have them plug in to clear the code?

·
Registered
156 Posts
even is they cleared it it would come back on....three drive cycles of a fixed code cel would go off....there is still a problem....check wiring to sensor....are you boosted or have any mods that would affect it.....did it come on after you did some work to it....is it missing or running poorly such as bad gas...idk I will look into other causes...good luck...by all means you can try a reset at dealer...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods, nothing changed prior to the CEL. I thought it should clear on it's own as well, that's the verification I was looking for. I guess the intake is coming back off to check the wiring. Anyone have a wiring diagram of the knock sensor circuit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
No mods, nothing changed prior to the CEL. I thought it should clear on it's own as well, that's the verification I was looking for. I guess the intake is coming back off to check the wiring. Anyone have a wiring diagram of the knock sensor circuit?
did you have the manifold off before the cel came on...because a little intake leak may cause it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts