Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a four year old in the SS? It's not against the law, but I would never take my son on my motorcycles at this age. The SS though, maybe? What do you think?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is he big enough to be strapped in much like he would in the front seat of a car or will he need a child/booster type seat? He'd definitely be safer in the SS opposed to a MC.
Larry

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn't take my kid out on the freeway or anything, but streets around the neighborhood and low traffic areas I think would be ok as long as he can be buckled in properly.

I think half of the reason the SS is such an attractive idea is the fact that you can share the ride with someone, and I know he would just love to take one out for a spin.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Every one has to make that call for them self. My kids are grown. But if they were 4 years old, I would still take them for a reserved ride in the SS. But that's just me. I grew up in a time where the kids would all climb in the bed of a pick up and take off. And no one even gave it a second thought. That was then, and times have changed. So I am not the best to give advice on this matter!!!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I grew up in Mississippi riding in the bed of a pickup. He's as excited about the SS as I am. I would feel like a monster if I didn't let him ride in it.
My grandsons age 3 and 5 have already informed me and their mama that they want to ride. A booster seat, a helmet, and a ride around the neighborhood is going to happen. The 3 year old is already crazy about motorcycles (Hmmmm...wonder where he got that from???)

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My grandsons age 3 and 5 have already informed me and their mama that they want to ride. A booster seat, a helmet, and a ride around the neighborhood is going to happen. The 3 year old is already crazy about motorcycles (Hmmmm...wonder where he got that from???)
You can't tell me that some passions don't get transferred genetically! Sometimes life really is amazing. Well most of the time actually, we're just too jaded to realize.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is 100% true. My 4yr old asks me constantly if he can drive...tells me all the time to drive fast too. I think he hates traffic even more than I do sometimes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Every one has to make that call for them self. My kids are grown. But if they were 4 years old, I would still take them for a reserved ride in the SS. But that's just me. I grew up in a time where the kids would all climb in the bed of a pick up and take off. And no one even gave it a second thought. That was then, and times have changed. So I am not the best to give advice on this matter!!!!!
100% agree

·
Registered
843 Posts
I see just one problem...like the T-Rex you have good chance a 4 years old kid will not be able to see the road ahead as it will be too small ... lol

Immediately think of a booster seat!:D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Anyone, especially young impressionable kids, will think you're a god if you just let them touch a Slingshot...... much less ride in one! The ultimate "My dad is cooler than your dad" deal maker!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anyone, especially young impressionable kids, will think you're a god if you just let them touch a Slingshot...... much less ride in one! The ultimate "My dad is cooler than your dad" deal maker!
I agree with you.
Letting a 4-8 year old ride in a SS, especially in a booster seat to give them the height needed, and properly strapped in and helmeted, i see no problem with.
All i can see is the ear to ear grin, making their day, week, year and the lifetime of memories.
Especially as a short burst of power plants them against the seat back and that smile comes on.
And you will be a god in their eyes.
Too bad my youngest is mid 20's, but i still am looking forward to taking them for their first ride and fully expect to see the smiles on their faces when they get out of it, right before asking me for the keys to take it out by themselves.:eek:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts