Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, as you know the SS requires a key for the ignition with push button start. We are working with a very well known keyless ignition company to bring you guys the first RFID keyless ignition system for the SS. My dash is in pieces and I have my voltmeter in hand. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more information on release dates, availability and price! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Guys, as you know the SS requires a key for the ignition with push button start. We are working with a very well known keyless ignition company to bring you guys the first RFID keyless ignition system for the SS. My dash is in pieces and I have my voltmeter in hand. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more information on release dates, availability and price! :)
Great News

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes sirrr. Simply replacing the need for key use in ignition. It will also support manual key use if needed.
SM, is the stock manual key a 'smart key' like used on some SxS's or just a regular mechanical pin lock key?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I read somewhere that it didn't have a column lock. so this shouldn't be to bad of a project. I converted a Mercedes ML to keyless remote start. I had to sacrifice a key because it was a RFID key that had to be in the vehicle all the time. I also lost the ability to lock my doors without first removing the key from the console storage compartment. It was a hassle but it was worth it in the winter because my heat would be on. I also had a huge issue getting the column lock to disable .

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool; roughly what will the cost be?
It's looking around $400 range right now. We're trying to source a factory "toggle switch" so that the SS will have a kill switch next to the "hazard" toggle switch. The entire system will look factory. I have a video i did on dis-assembly.. i'll upload that tonight.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So SM when Texas finally gets things right will there be an install person around the Houston area?
Beginner and Intermediate mods will be considered DIY upgrades and i'll be sure to have step by step videos and tutorials on how to install. For Advanced mods like the Hahn turbo kit.. we will be working with Hahn to provide customers your nearest "certified installation center" for install and tuning.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Video showing the dismantled steering column plastics. There are two plastics.. an upper and lower. 3 Torx bolts holding them in place. You will disconnect the 4 pin connector and insert our "T" harness to allow for the RFID receiver under the dash. The system will also include a rocker "kill switch". The switch will be pushed up before clicking the "start" button and your slingshot will start. Turn the rocker switch off to kill the engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you know if this keyless system will work with the Canadian models that have the factory security system that I read about?

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know if this keyless system will work with the Canadian models that have the factory security system that I read about?
Hello Spyderl, I don't see why not. The system simply intercepts the stock harness that provides power to the red push button on the dash. When you turn the key to the "on" position it powers one of the four leads with a 12v signal to allow the "red" push button on the dash the ability to turn the starter motor. We're simply replacing the "turn the key" function with a "toggle switch". That toggle switch only works if you have the RFID unit in your pocket and are within 10 feet of the vehicle. You'll flip up the toggle and that will provide the "red" dash button with the 12V it needs to turn the starter motor. That toggle will also be the engine "kill switch" instead of turning the key back to its original "off" position.

The system entirely replaces the key. You won't need the key with you at all when driving with the exception of locking the glovebox and the two storage units behind the seats.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello Spyderl, I don't see why not. The system simply intercepts the stock harness that provides power to the red push button on the dash. When you turn the key to the "on" position it powers one of the four leads with a 12v signal to allow the "red" push button on the dash the ability to turn the starter motor. We're simply replacing the "turn the key" function with a "toggle switch". That toggle switch only works if you have the RFID unit in your pocket and are within 10 feet of the vehicle. You'll flip up the toggle and that will provide the "red" dash button with the 12V it needs to turn the starter motor. That toggle will also be the engine "kill switch" instead of turning the key back to its original "off" position.

The system entirely replaces the key. You won't need the key with you at all when driving with the exception of locking the glovebox and the two storage units behind the seats.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Any chance of having some alarm functions tied in as well ? maybe tilt or motion ? Many of the after market system include an alarm as well but many of the functions of a standard alarm would not be used with a slingshot.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts