Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 21 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, after much anticipation the Keyless Ignition Start System for the Polaris Slingshot is now available from SlingMods.com. We spent the time to ensure that this system was 100% plug and play and that we addressed all real life scenarios with having a keyless ignition system.

- The Keyless Ignition system is a "T" harness that plugs directly into you factory ignition harness. No wire cutting.
- Our video shows you where to mount your ground wire for quick install and how to route the wires to the dash switches.
- We've found the source for Polaris factory dash switches so the kit is a 100% match to the factory hazard and traction control switches for that OEM look.
- We've put in an accessory power switch that allows you run your radio and other 12v accessories without the need of the key. 100% plug and play.
- We've also installed a safety mechanism in case you start your car at home with the fob.. then for some reason leave you fob at home and drive off in the SS. When you get to your destination point and turn your car off realizing you don't have your fob or key.. you'll have 30 seconds to start the SS again without the fob or key.

I spent all day yesterday working on this video for you guys. I Hope and Enjoy and hope this makes your install a snap. The Kits are available at SlingMods.com.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello everyone, after much anticipation the Keyless Ignition Start System for the Polaris Slingshot is now available from SlingMods.com. We spent the time to ensure that this system was 100% plug and play and that we addressed all real life scenarios with having a keyless ignition system.

- The Keyless Ignition system is a "T" harness that plugs directly into you factory ignition harness. No wire cutting.
- Our video shows you where to mount your ground wire for quick install and how to route the wires to the dash switches.
- We've found the source for Polaris factory dash switches so the kit is a 100% match to the factory hazard and traction control switches for that OEM look.
- We've put in an accessory power switch that allows you run your radio and other 12v accessories without the need of the key. 100% plug and play.
- We've also installed a safety mechanism in case you start your car at home with the fob.. then for some reason leave you fob at home and drive off in the SS. When you get to your destination point and turn your car off realizing you don't have your fob or key.. you'll have 30 seconds to start the SS again without the fob or key.

I spent all day yesterday working on this video for you guys. I Hope and Enjoy and hope this makes your install a snap. The Kits are available at SlingMods.com.
Cool Device,
Your website has a picture of a monitor info center. what is that? Are you replacing the monitor as well?

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is great work Keith, can you please explain the lighting system? It sounds extremely interesting
Thx Mikey.. we've included an "acccessory" 12v power button that can be used with the keyless ignition system. This allows you to put the car into "accessory mode" so that you can power the radio and any other device that are hooked up to 12v accessory power. This way if you're at a car meet or at the beach with your lady :kiss: you can power up your lighting systems and radio without having the SS running or having the headlights on and of course all without the key :)

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool Device,
Your website has a picture of a monitor info center. what is that? Are you replacing the monitor as well?
Hey Big Dog.. it does look like a monitor. We may need to change that image. The system comes in a nice tin box with our logo on the front.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice setup! Can you some still use the actual key to start it or you would always need the key fob? Does it also come with only one key fob or 2? Thank you for any info.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That looks awesome SM. Do you have any thoughts of using a proximity sensor to sense the fob rather then having to push the button on the fob?

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice setup! Can you some still use the actual key to start it or you would always need the key fob? Does it also come with only one key fob or 2? Thank you for any info.
Hey John, great questions. Yes, the factory "keyed" ignition system is completely functional and works as normal. The system comes with 1 fob, but additional fobs can be ordered at any time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Big Dog.. it does look like a monitor. We may need to change that image. The system comes in a nice tin box with our logo on the front.
Thx Keith, Yes on your web site, & instruction video it appears to be a screen monitor, & by video context the existing stock monitor is being replaced. Thanks for clearing this up.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That looks awesome SM. Do you have any thoughts of using a proximity sensor to sense the fob rather then having to push the button on the fob?
Hello Rat, great question. Their are two modes on this system Manual / Auto. In My video the keyless ignition system is in Manual mode... requiring me to hit the button on the fob to tell the Slingshot i'm their. You can also set the keyless ignition system to Automatic mode which will alow the RFID receiver to activate when you get with 10' feet of the vehicle. In Auto mode you will NOT need to push the button on the fob to activate the system.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Great support and fast response. Hope everyone and everything down Southern California ok. Crazy weather with Tornado hitting some area. Was just in Santa Monica area Dec. 10th before it hit. Had to drive back to NorCal the same day. Got back safe before the storm.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Everyone, I wanted to clarify that the "fob" button does not need to be pressed to initiate the Keyless Ignition. On the video above I had the system in "manual mode". You can also put the system in "automatic" mode.. so that you simply walk up to your SS, flip on the toggle on the dash and push the red start button. I'll redo the video tonight to indicate that info.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What are the proximity/ distance limits of the RFID when in auto mode. Mine will be parked outside my house, as I do not have a garage...:(

1 - 21 of 43 Posts