Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Like the big SS key with the big end with the Logo, but for a spare I would like a conventional key I could carry with my other keys. What Blank is used to make this key.

It appears to be similar to a Yamaha, and some Polaris RV keys?

Anyone know what the correct key Blank is? My Ace had a bunch of similar keys but no match!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Take it to walmart they have a key computer that usually works .

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WalMart key cutter will not do it.......they don't have the blank!

Tried Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, Wally world and even a Polaris / Yamaha dealer!

Anyone had a new regular key made yet? Where, and what blank did they use (a number reference) or a specific vehicle cross reference.

thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
WalMart key cutter will not do it.......they don't have the blank!

Tried Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, Wally world and even a Polaris / Yamaha dealer!

Anyone had a new regular key made yet? Where, and what blank did they use (a number reference) or a specific vehicle cross reference.

thanks!
I had one made today at a local lock shop. None of the retailers had the blank. It's an odd one since it doesn't have the center groove or slot. I didn't ask him the reference # sorry.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Blank info, now I can get something done!

Thanks, this forum is great

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Like the big SS key with the big end with the Logo, but for a spare I would like a conventional key I could carry with my other keys. What Blank is used to make this key.

Anyone know what the correct key Blank is? My Ace had a bunch of similar keys but no match!
The key for my Victory motorcycle was a Kawasaki blank. Don't know why the SS would be different. Polaris tends to cross platform a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
.The key for my Victory motorcycle was a Kawasaki blank. Don't know why the SS would be different. Polaris tends to cross platform a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I bought two normal, plastic head keys on eBay for cheap money. Take them to a locksmith shop for cutting as I did. Hardware stores and even Home Depot are reluctant as they want to sell you a hole key, even if they don't have the blank.

·
Registered
105 Posts

The key blank is yama26-P, I have 10 blanks coming @ .73 each, with shipping and all it was little bit over $14.00. www.keyblankdepot.com, I hope this was a help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts