Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
new owner in KY - well southern Indiana. Does any type of Slingshot club exist? If not, any interest at all in meeting like once a month to talk slingshot over a drink?
Don't know of a club in the Louisville, Southern Indiana area. I would be up for a monthly get together. It's hard keeping up with all the aftermarket things to do with the Slingshot and who has the best products.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey everyone,

Was thinking of arranging a ride for any of us who would like to join. I am thinking about the first sunday in October for the ride. Below are the ride details. I have never been on this ride but it looks like a good one.

if interested send me a PM

Written Directions

Route starts/ends around Pee Wee Valley, KY, just outside Louisville. From Middleton, take US 60 east all the way to Frankfort and then head North on US 127 up to just south of Monterey where you will switch on to route 607 heading east until you meet route 227 where you want to take a left and go north and take this up to Owenton. In Owenton, get on route 22 and head west all the way till you back to I-265 and have completed the 120 mile loop.

Scenery
Route takes you through rolling hills with assorted farms and small towns. Most of the ride is "on the ridges" providing panoramic views.

Road Quality
Most is solid, well maintained and marked 2 lane. Some small towns where you have to watch your speed. Highway 227 south out of the Winery is VERY twisty --- nice road to push a little, but exercise care, a fair number of small houses along the road.

Roadside Amenities
Elk Creek Winery (final destination) is a jewel in the middle of Kentucky. Makes you think you've ridden to California.

Elk Creek Winery Loop -- Owenton, KY | Kentucky Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's been quite a while since I have been around here. I recently heard via word of mouth that KY has changed the law that a motorcycle license is no longer required to drive a Slingshot. Can anyone confirm this and post a link to where the info can be found? I have done some searches but can't find anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here is the actual Kentucky Revised Statute. The information is contained on pages 4, 5, & 6.
You will need Adobe reader to view the file.
Thanks for the info. I see we are included with motorcycles in some sense but in other regards, we are driving autocycles. Here is one thing at the end of the file you may have missed that I found interesting:
(11) For reporting and statistical purposes, an autocycle as defined in Section 1 of this
Act shall be listed as its own distinct category and shall not be considered to be a
motor vehicle or a motorcycle for reports issued under this section.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the info. I see we are included with motorcycles in some sense but in other regards, we are driving autocycles. Here is one thing at the end of the file you may have missed that I found interesting:
(11) For reporting and statistical purposes, an autocycle as defined in Section 1 of this
Act shall be listed as its own distinct category and shall not be considered to be a
motor vehicle or a motorcycle for reports issued under this section.
I did not miss it at all. You asked a question and I tried to give you the answer that you were looking for.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Next Friday april 27th starting at 6:30 a 50 mile loop ride thru southern Indiana. 95% of ride will be on open country roads. About 1/2 way there is a restaurant/bar in a small town we can eat at if the group decides.

Meet at Fuzzy zoeller covered bridge golf course. Will post map later in week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for opening this threat.
It is a good idea.
I am Paul and ride a SL since December 1
I live in Salvisa, Ky about 20 miles southwest of lexington.
There are some real nice roads in this part of the country.
I drove about 2000 miles so far and never left Kentucky.
If somebody wants to ride,just let me know.
picking my 2016.5 up first week of june looking for slingfests to attend after that.........im in frankfort.

·
Registered
358 Posts
101 - 114 of 114 Posts