Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great forum, Would love to get together and ride. I just got mine on my Birthday last week, Rode it over 500 miles the first week. This heat (Sun) is a killer, can't wait for my gull wing top. I'm waiting on my MRT scorpion exhaust system to show up to swap out the OEM one, should make a difference in the sound and passenger compartment heat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to jtheriot57. I get over to E-town once in a while. That is the closest place for any major stores that we don't have here in Taylor Co.
Start getting used to a lot of attention. There are not that many Slingshots around here yet and many people have never seen one before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to jtheriot57. I get over to E-town once in a while. That is the closest place for any major stores that we don't have here in Taylor Co.
Start getting used to a lot of attention. There are not that many Slingshots around here yet and many people have never seen one before.
Thanks, SlingHam. I know, it took me 30 minutes to gas up the other night due to the attention. Two people asked if I had built it myself. I love to just tool around the roads in the late evening with the wife.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
@jtheriot57, when we were in Maggie Valley this year we got rid of the stock exhaust for an aftermarket one and we got a set of the custom floor mats from Cycle Springs. The difference was so big my wife was even able to take her shoes off with out burning her feet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a SS event, but a chance for the KY/IN SS owners to ride and support a great cause.
More info at usacares.org

Join us for our annual USA Cares Flags Ride in support of military families in crisis!

The 2016 USA Cares Flags Ride (Louisville) will start at Bluegrass Harley Davidson on Saturday, July 30! Be sure not to miss out on our big raffle prize this year - a 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG 150th Anniversary Edition motorcycle!

Ride Details:
- Registration at 8:30 am; kickstands up at 10:30 am
- Scenic ride to KY Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- Leave memorial and ride back to Bluegrass HD for food,
entertainment, bike show and raffle prizes!

Where & When
Bluegrass Harley-Davidson
11701 Gateworth Way
Louisville, KY 40299 United States

July 30, 2016 9:00 AM EDT - 5:00 PM EDT

·
Registered
164 Posts
A quick update for KY owners. We now have 2 Slingshots in Campbellsville. I briefly met the other couple but haven't seen them in a while. If I run into them again and have the time, I will tell them about this site. Meanwhile, I now have a roof on mine and just completed the 10 K mile oil change and lube. It has been running well since the rear bearings were replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone out there in KY that belongs to a club that do any regular scenic rides? I am a new SS owner and the wife and I would like to get some rides in before winter gets here. I am interested in traveling to TN/NC and doing the tail of the dragon. I belong to an off road club (Southern SXS Riders) and we try to do club rides often. So now I would like to find a club that does on road tours as well. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Anyone out there in KY that belongs to a club that do any regular scenic rides? I am a new SS owner and the wife and I would like to get some rides in before winter gets here. I am interested in traveling to TN/NC and doing the tail of the dragon. I belong to an off road club (Southern SXS Riders) and we try to do club rides often. So now I would like to find a club that does on road tours as well. Thanks for any input.
Since you have no location under you picture, I can't determine how far you are from me but you might want to check the Web page I maintain for the local chapter of the CMA. I list rides as they are made known to me on our Events calendar. If you want to contact me directly, click on the contact button on the page: www.visionriders.org

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out: http://www.cyclefish, then search under Kentucky for events.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,175 Posts
Ky Bourbon Trail ride will be leaving an hour early from slinglows house in Louisville, we will be leaving at 9am to catch all the tours through the day, would love to have you all join us for the full ride if you can or meet us at a stop.
Greg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Right now my dealer (Lexington Motor Sports) sucks. I took my SS in last Monday (9/19) for a leaking pinion seal. They called on Wednesday and said we have the seal replaced drove over to pick up the SS to find out the service department did something to the right angle drive. When I started to drive out of the parking lot the right angle drive was making such a noise and felt like it was going to come apart. I turned around and took it right back to them and told them to fix what they messed up. So now is Monday (9/26) a week later and I still don't have my SS back. I hate the service department at LMS and we never take anything else back to them. I have bought 2 Polaris RZRs and now a SS from them but their service department is horrible. It took months to get my recalls done on the RZRs and now the issue with the SS.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Right now my dealer (Lexington Motor Sports) sucks.....
It is disappointing to read your experience. I can't complain about them too much. I had the standard rear drive problems and they repaired it under warranty with no problems. I now have the dual nuts to hold on the rear axle. With over 10 K miles, it is running great. I can't complain except for the long trip I have to take to get there. That's because they gave me a better price on my trade than the other dealer that is closer to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price wise they have always been as good or better than everyone else. It is just their service department I am having trouble with. I know I am not the only one because I got online and looked at reviews for their service and they have had several bad reviews. I do almost 90% of all the work done on my toys unless I know it is a warranty item. I could have changed the seal myself but I thought since it was covered I would let them do it.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts