Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
cary here in louisville, got my slingshot back in 2014 december
Welcome @inasling ! I passed you at the light at Fern Valley and Poplar Level the day I bought mine back in May. Also saw your Sling parked at Yamaha of Louisville back in August. PM me sometime if you want to get together for a ride. My family owns a little watering hole called Hitching Post Inn on Fegenbush Lane. We usually end up there on the weekends after our rides stop by sometime I'll buy ya cold one !

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome @inasling ! I passed you at the light at Fern Valley and Poplar Level the day I bought mine back in May. Also saw your Sling parked at Yamaha of Louisville back in August. PM me sometime if you want to get together for a ride. My family owns a little watering hole called Hitching Post Inn on Fegenbush Lane. We usually end up there on the weekends after our rides stop by sometime I'll buy ya cold one !

Wait a minute! You did not offer to buy me a COLD 1 !!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
@SlungLow it sounds like us traveling from up north to Maggie Valley in May/June will have a place to stop to wet our whistle!!

·
1,601 Posts
@SlungLow it sounds like us traveling from up north to Maggie Valley in May/June will have a place to stop to wet our whistle!!
Looking forward to it PM me when the time comes we will work something out. But I have to forewarn you we are trailer trash meaning we are hauling, not driving, the Sling down to Maggie Valley. Otherwise we would join you for the rest of the ride.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Looking forward to it PM me when the time comes we will work something out. But I have to forewarn you we are trailer trash meaning we are hauling, not driving, the Sling down to Maggie Valley. Otherwise we would join you for the rest of the ride.
Sorry, Bro, had to do it with the "trailer trash" comment :D (You KNEW it was coming didn't ya'?! ;))

·
Registered
262 Posts
@SlungLow however you get them there, it is all good. The closer I get to Maggie Valley the more my Hillbilly roots come out anyway.. :)
Don't let me forget.. Will be a few of us heading down.

·
1,601 Posts
@SlungLow however you get them there, it is all good. The closer I get to Maggie Valley the more my Hillbilly roots come out anyway.. :)
Don't let me forget.. Will be a few of us heading down.
Sounds good ! We have the campsite reserved for Sunday to Sunday but we are seriously considering going to Indy 500 with it being the 100th Anniversary and all. But it's a long ways off we have plenty of time to plan something. Do you guys know when you will be coming through our neck of the woods ? I'm about 15 miles southeast of Louisville. If your planning on taking Interstate 64 east we are about 15 minutes out of your way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sounds good ! We have the campsite reserved for Sunday to Sunday but we are seriously considering going to Indy 500 with it being the 100th Anniversary and all. But it's a long ways off we have plenty of time to plan something. Do you guys know when you will be coming through our neck of the woods ? I'm about 15 miles southeast of Louisville. If your planning on taking Interstate 64 east we are about 15 minutes out of your way.
If you come for the 500 you can head to MV with us. We are leaving on 30th from Indy at 6am

·
1,601 Posts
@Twofer beware of & steer clear of this vile & dangerous member who haunts the Louisville area!
His red machine is slung low (@SlungLow ) & he is morphing into a Hahnite...

View attachment 48191
Ha ha, I'm actually a nice guy when the "Southerners" aren't rubbing our noses in our $hitty winter weather That picture was posted when "they" were bragging about not knowing what a snow plow was. I thought I would take the opportunity to show them "one". @Twofer The member you really have to watch out for when traveling out west is @Tripod and his not so friendly mascot. Whom after a couple of months of Slinging with his new owner went from this ... :)

To this ...:eek:

·
1,601 Posts
Thanks everyone, looks like a great forum. I'm hoping the Spring weather brings a few more out on the roads.
Hey @Twofer we all get together and ride out to Ohio Valley Dragstrip every year the day after derby for the Screaming Eagles Motorcycle Club's annual rendezvous. If you like watching motorcycles go really fast it's the place to be. Last year while there we saw our first Slingshot and my wallet has been empty ever since. Lol PM me if you would like to ride along.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey @Twofer we all get together and ride out to Ohio Valley Dragstrip every year the day after derby for the Screaming Eagles Motorcycle Club's annual rendezvous. If you like watching motorcycles go really fast it's the place to be. Last year while there we saw our first Slingshot and my wallet has been empty ever since. Lol PM me if you would like to ride along.
Sounds interesting, waiting on my 500 mile service. Took the five year warranty instead of financing, don't want to give them a reason.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts