Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the past week or so I have been taking the Grasshopper to work pre-dawn and with heavy fog, and earlier this year on a morning with temps near freezing, we dropped into a valley and instantly the windscreen frosted over. With these conditions the windscreen becomes impossible to look through and we have our MadStad set low so to be able to look over it. My question is to you folks with the taller windscreens, what are you doing to keep your vision clear under these conditions, a coating possibly?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
lol, oh c'mon now, we cannot be the only idiots that continue to enjoy riding our SlingShot even when the temps drop and fog and rain dominate? ;)

Crater Lake Snow.jpg IMG_4131.JPG

Bill

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes, I have had a simular problem and I have rainx on the screen. I pulled over for just a minute and it cleared up form the heat that is coming from under the hood. Not sure what the answer is, possibly ducting some heat more directly toward the screen.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I use the plastic rain-x and still have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the plastic rain-x and still have the same problem.
After I posted the above I looked up reviews on the plastic Rain-X and they were basically split between a thumbs up and a thumbs down.............

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts