Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
My eyes aren't that bad

I don't see any flat side on that pipe where it crosses under the frame - of course it might be flat now.

Doug

·
Registered
852 Posts
what is the measurement where it goes under the frame in front from the bottom of the exhaust pipe to the ground?

Doug
Again, that is the number I gave, you will have to do the basic math from the two numbers I gave you however. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Let me spoon feed you. "You aren't even close, it's 4 1/4 at the tips, and 1/2 inch lower at the lowest point"

·
Registered
271 Posts
No you said muffler not the one I asked for.

Doug

·
Registered
852 Posts
My eyes aren't that bad

I don't see any flat side on that pipe where it crosses under the frame - of course it might be flat now.

Doug
Again, I will quote what I just said, minutes ago...:rolleyes:

"And yes, the pipe has been mechanically flattened there. If you couldn't figure it out, flat side up, obviously."

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Shack what is ambiguous? I answered his question on clearance in my first response. What question haven't I answered? This system will never be for sale either. I'm making one for Slingking at cost, and that is the only other one there will be (his base model is an inch lower stock, btw).

If someone wants details so they can produce their own, I'll provide specs, part numbers, pictures, etc.
I just wanted to say, "fact" and use big words to sound smart....

·
Registered
271 Posts
If it was flat on top the pipe it would show a dip there.

Where's the dip???
Besides me that is.

Doug

·
Registered
852 Posts
Are you serious? The lowest POINT IS WHERE IT GOES UNDER THE FRAME BETWEEN THE MUFFLER AND THE 90 BEND YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE!!!

Now, before you ask me another redundant question, that is directly to the left of the 90 degree bend you see in the photo. The flat spot, for clearance is out of frame!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did the cat delete, CAI, and Mefi tune all at once and now there is a very noticeable smell of exhaust. I checked the muffler to pipe seal and no leaks were detected. The smell is there at all times. Does anyone have any idea as what might be the problem?
I removed the muffler opened it up cut out the small diameter pipe with a plasma opened a large hole between the 2 chambers put tHe system back on with the cat still in place it nor has a bit of a rumble low tone when idling gets about .50 percent louder when revved has no drone at cruise and does not have any smells that it did not have before. It seems to have a bit more power less throttle lag and 2 miles per gallon better mileage. Cheap easy legal exhaust system.

·
Banned
190 Posts
Shack what is ambiguous? I answered his question on clearance in my first response. What question haven't I answered? This system will never be for sale either. I'm making one for Slingking at cost, and that is the only other one there will be (his base model is an inch lower stock, btw).

If someone wants details so they can produce their own, I'll provide specs, part numbers, pictures, etc.
I'm very much interested in Specs & details, as I can see this is one of the Sling's major flaws.
It's a shame, it would have been very easy for Polaris to make a rear exiting exhaust while tooling up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I removed the muffler opened it up cut out the small diameter pipe with a plasma opened a large hole between the 2 chambers put tHe system back on with the cat still in place it nor has a bit of a rumble low tone when idling gets about .50 percent louder when revved has no drone at cruise and does not have any smells that it did not have before. It seems to have a bit more power less throttle lag and 2 miles per gallon better mileage. Cheap easy legal exhaust system.
I had to read all that crap to get back to the answer I was looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
It looked like a simple misunderstanding that eventually worked itself out. Sometimes what one person writes isn't what the other person is picturing and leads to a lack of understanding.

I do like @Limited sl's solution, opening the clam-shell is something I wanted to try myself and have completed before now, but a few things in life sidelined that for now, most unfortunately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anybody just removed the muffler and retained the catalytic converter? If so, am wondering how the Slingshot sounded, if any noticed reduced heat in the passenger compartment.

Thanks

Chris L.
CAT is biggest Restriction, Gutted it with 1320 Headers, too. Minimal exhaust smell with stock muffler -Not very restrictive from what I read-Correct? Great Reasonable sound with CAI (gives the growl)

61 - 74 of 74 Posts