Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to remove the clamp at the very end and use the bolt to mount to the windshield aluminum support.
MOD9PRVMEC1-600x600.jpg

I hate the side mirrors. if you don't sit exactly the same way every time you can't see with them. And they are so freaking directional. That have no field of view.

This will be more of the indy car style.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Nice! Now give us the particulars of where and how much.

Reactions: Nix

·
Registered
791 Posts
Im going to remove the clamp at the very end and use the bolt to mount to the windshield aluminum support. View attachment 3004

I hate the side mirrors. if you don't sit exactly the same way every time you can't see with them. And they are so freaking directional. That have no field of view.

This will be more of the indy car style.
Are you sure it will see over the fin?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure it will see over the fin?
It will when I make some adjustments I hope. I have noticed Indy car pictures with the stalk going up from the center. Well see in two days. I shipped it priority mail.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is it going to stick up above the windscreen?

If so I hope it doesn't wreak havoc with airflow, adding turbulence and noise.

But I guess you'll tell us if it does.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Here it is. I made a rubber bushing to hold it steady and cut out the vibration. I used the tap again and threaded the hole with 1/4 x 20 threads and found me a black allen bolt the correct length. I used some red locktite on the threads and it is tight. The windshield already has a large hole in it so you dont have to redrill it.

Its is perfect and even the trellis cutouts match the stock mirrors. And now I can see behind me. U still have the hump in the view but it doesn't bother you at all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice job Kuyriakyn would charge $250 for a kit that would have the mirror a rubber grommet and a longer bolt,You could do it and make $100 a copy,just a thought.ps Polaris could do it and charge $399.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Wow! That is incredible looking. I'd even say a rear view mirror improved the look in that part of the SS. :cool:

Reactions: Painter

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! That is incredible looking. I'd even say a rear view mirror improved the look in that part of the SS. :cool:
Thanks. I like the cut outs in the stem. Its a similar style as the side mirrors.

Reactions: Mike Mtl

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks. I like the cut outs in the stem. Its a similar style as the side mirrors.
That mount looks like the Slingshot team developed it, it's a perfect match. I like your pics too, could you add one from a few away so we could get the overall picture? Great job RT.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm waiting on the temp to hit 50. Soon as it does I'm going to take a spin. Its 45 right now. Maybe in an hour

Reactions: Mike Mtl

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never made it to 50 degrees. Ill drive it tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Awesome job and very methodical. Can you post some pictures with your camera on how it looks like looking through the mirrors? Point of view. Thank you very much in advance.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
50? I am lucky to have taken a 2 hr drive when it was 40 out today - but I admit... I am crazy. And I own a good Ski jacket.

Some picks from afar would be awesome.

Great job Rabtech! It does look factory.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'd kill for it to be 50! I'm with @Tango though I'm a bit crazy....

I'd love to see pictures as well

1 - 20 of 40 Posts