Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, the bill just arrived for my SL. If you're in va I'd say the entire package is down right reasonable. The dealer isn't chagrin to install the led kit and he is only charging 85 bucks for set up and 960 for freight. I ship a lot of freight in and out in my business and that rate isn't great, but it's far south of unreasonable. He's also thrown in a 199 dollar processing fee which is the same as carmax.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What I've heard is that all dealers are charge $950 for shipping, regardless where you are. Your dealer is marking it up $10. ;)

$85 set up is outstanding! My dealer started at $950 shipping, $2,000 set up, and $150 processing fee. Ended up at $950 + $850 + $150. I knew it wasn't the best deal out there, but this dealer is in town (next nearest is 100+ miles away), and he has a great reputation.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What I've heard is that all dealers are charge $950 for shipping, regardless where you are. Your dealer is marking it up $10. ;)

$85 set up is outstanding! My dealer started at $950 shipping, $2,000 set up, and $150 processing fee. Ended up at $950 + $850 + $150. I knew it wasn't the best deal out there, but this dealer is in town (next nearest is 100+ miles away), and he has a great reputation.
My dealer is not charging freight or setup. Only MSRP plus state sales tax.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My dealer (American Powersports in Findlay, OH) also did not charge me freight or set up.
Just MSRP and tax and title. I appreciate it very much. They make a little over $2k a car.
Less the freight. Probably around $1200 or so give or take a few hundred.

But many are charging what you paid, some even more. So It is reasonable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Selling price $23,999,
freight $985,
handling $225,
Doc $199.95,
Light kit installed $239,
Elc processing $24,
License fee $165,
Vehical tax $1677.38,
5yr ex warranty $1200,
Delivery to you $275
Tire battery fee$4.50
Total cost to you will be $28,993.83

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok thanks Florida Joe.....I will I sent an email to my dealer telling him I will not purchase the warranty from him, I won't even negotiate it down, I wish I knew a dealer in Fl that did not charge the Freight, handling and Doc Fee, my deposit is refundable anyway.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Ok thanks Florida Joe.....I will I sent an email to my dealer telling him I will not purchase the warranty from him, I won't even negotiate it down, I wish I knew a dealer in Fl that did not charge the Freight, handling and Doc Fee, my deposit is refundable anyway.
PM me! :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Best Buy Vehicle in Ft Pierce no freight no set up. Just MSRP and state sales tax. But you would be about #12 to #14 on the list. At the rate we are going that would put you sometime around Spring of 2015. Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey gang, the bill just arrived for my SL. If you're in va I'd say the entire package is down right reasonable. The dealer isn't chagrin to install the led kit and he is only charging 85 bucks for set up and 960 for freight. I ship a lot of freight in and out in my business and that rate isn't great, but it's far south of unreasonable. He's also thrown in a 199 dollar processing fee which is the same as carmax.
Sounds good but I think I may have your deal beat- my dealer T&T Powersports in Sapulpa, Oklahoma did not charge a set up fee, ,freight delivery fee, or for install of accessories. SL $23,999 out the door. Plus $149.00 for the led lighting kit installed.o_O did not know about the extended warranty will quiz them about it Tuesday! :pompus:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts