Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Polaris to follow up on a very specific question. The last time I called, the employee told me the SS "would start to ship the first week of November." I explained that to the employee this morning and I asked this employee very specifically, "It's the first week now, has shipping started or will it start this week?" The employee paused then hymmed and hawed while I heard paper shuffling. The employee then began to read the update that had already been posted. ".....will begin to ship the first half of November." Blah blah.....I told her I understood that, but my dealer has no information and if it has shipped I'll need the VIN for a purchase order. She then read the update again. I then asked, so technically, it could be November 15th before the first one ships? She wouldn't answer but she said "Your dealer is your best resource." I then reiterated by asking specifically, will shipping definitely start by the 15th since that is the first half? She gave me a difinitive "Yes." I could tell she wasn't supposed to answer my other questions. I can't think of any other reason why, other than it's going to be further delayed. If it was good news they wouldn't omit information. It's not proof, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll bet we get another "update" before the 15th which pushes the shipping date again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just called Polaris to follow up on a very specific question. The last time I called, the employee told me the SS "would start to ship the first week of November." I explained that to the employee this morning and I asked this employee very specifically, "It's the first week now, has shipping started or will it start this week?" The employee paused then hymmed and hawed while I heard paper shuffling. The employee then began to read the update that had already been posted. ".....will begin to ship the first half of November." Blah blah.....I told her I understood that, but my dealer has no information and if it has shipped I'll need the VIN for a purchase order. She then read the update again. I then asked, so technically, it could be November 15th before the first one ships? She wouldn't answer but she said "Your dealer is your best resource." I then reiterated by asking specifically, will shipping definitely start by the 15th since that is the first half? She gave me a difinitive "Yes." I could tell she wasn't supposed to answer my other questions. I can't think of any other reason why, other than it's going to be further delayed. If it was good news they wouldn't omit information. It's not proof, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll bet we get another "update" before the 15th which pushes the shipping date again.
Thanks for the info.

I called them last week and was also told they would ship "the first week of Nov.". Looks like we're getting the run around again.

My dealer called and said that they will have to keep one of the first two for a demo. This is after them telling me for weeks that I would get the first two delivered. I told them this moring to cancel the second one. No telling when they will arrive.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yep. That is why I bought a super duke this weekend. I cant sit around the house with no way to ride. I can say that if the slingshot is better than the 1290 duke I may just have a heart attack. I gave up on the Polaris crap and lies. I still hold #1 position at my dealer for a SL but im not near as interested as I was.

Reactions: James McKinney

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yep. That is why I bought a super duke this weekend. I cant sit around the house with no way to ride. I can say that if the slingshot is better than the 1290 duke I may just have a heart attack. I gave up on the Polaris crap and lies. I still hold #1 position at my dealer for a SL but im not near as interested as I was.
That's a sweet looking ride.
Hang in there, you've waited this long.
Figure with all there delays and where I'm at on the list it'll probably be March or April before I receive my SS. Hope not. But like you there's a Awesome new Corvette calling me.
Time will tell plus once members get there hands on their SlingShots and the feedback coming our way. It could change things at my end. Till then I'll hang in there with the rest of you.
I smell rubber burning. Dang Corvette. Stop that. OH.
;):cigar:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, the last guidance I remember reading was delivery would be made by mid-November. I have not seen anything in writing changing that so I am assuming (we all know what that means) it is the correct time. If it gets delayed again, damn it, I will call the White House. (A lot of good that would do)

Reactions: James McKinney

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Sounds like buyer's remorse is setting in, and these haven't even been bought. :coldfeet:

At first there was the gotta have it factor in the impulse to buy these, but that only lasts so long. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts