Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Polaris is so f*cked up..... I have had money down on a base since August. My dealer just got their first shipment yesterday , and it was two red ones, even though they only had one red presold and my gray one. Yet they send a gray one to a dealer that has not presold it. Jesus Christ this is just baffling. I'm tempted to tell polaris to pound sand just on principle!! How the hell did this company get to be a multi billion dollar company when they can't handle shipping the correct units to dealers that have them sold already? What freakin moron is in charge of shipping?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Polaris is so f*cked up..... I have had money down on a base since August. My dealer just got their first shipment yesterday , and it was two red ones, even though they only had one red presold and my gray one. Yet they send a gray one to a dealer that has not presold it. Jesus Christ this is just baffling. I'm tempted to tell polaris to pound sand just on principle!! How the hell did this company get to be a multi billion dollar company when they can't handle shipping the correct units to dealers that have them sold already? What freakin moron is in charge of shipping?
Oh god don't do that. They will be getting yours in a few days.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when I found the base for sale, I immediately called my original dealer and explained the situation. He's been telling me next week for a couple weeks now. He said he definitely has 4 on the way, but couldn't guarantee that there would be a base, and that their sister store just got 4, but they were all sl's. So I pulled the trigger....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't ask why they had a base with no deposit, perhaps someone backed out, or switched to the fast one!? If I find out I'll let you know

·
Registered
32 Posts
That even reenforces what I was saying. Did Polaris make 10 reds for every one gray? How can your dealer have a gray one presold, yet not be able to tell you if one of the four will be gray? It's fricken ridiculous.....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That even reenforces what I was saying. Did Polaris make 10 reds for every one gray? How can your dealer have a gray one presold, yet not be able to tell you if one of the four will be gray? It's fricken ridiculous.....
True

·
Registered
32 Posts
Their sister store got four reds? My dealer has been waiting till yesterday to get ANYTHING? I'm happy for you that you got your base, I've just had it with polaris. The more I read this forum about the shipping and what's showing up where, the more pissed I get. I think I was happier when we were all waiting. Th

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Their sister store got four reds? My dealer has been waiting till yesterday to get ANYTHING? I'm happy for you that you got your base, I've just had it with polaris. The more I read this forum about the shipping and what's showing up where, the more pissed I get. I think I was happier when we were all waiting. Th
I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just got excited. I think there will be plenty available for everyone soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What happened to the shipping plan of getting all the units to the dealers within a couple weeks of each other? There are people with 1500 miles on theirs, and people like me who are waiting with no end in sight.....polaris' logistics dept sucks!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The good news is that if wave 2 dealers like Ball Equip. are getting their Slingshots, that means the second round of deliveries to other dealers will be coming soon!
Be patient! :shamefullyembarrased:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe they've never launched anything like the ss, and had to deal with a forum like this. I'm sure their thought process was dictated by quality product / profitability - weather = ......

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This forum drives curiosity and anticipation, on three wheels. I imagine I'd be more patient if I didn't have to look at photos and listen to people say how much fun they are....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe. Still doesn't explain only shipping reds to 90% of the dealers. Maybe it's a money grab..... "Sorry mister customer, I only have the more expensive SL in stock. It's 4 grand more, do you want this one instead? Not sure when I'll get a base in, polaris can't tell me that" Sheesh.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im with you fastorange, still waiting for my SL but there is a red one at my dealership with no down on it. Ive had my money down for 3 months.. Crazy. The hardest part about it is listening to all others with theirs and not being able to join in. Still waiting, and waiting and waiting. Im sure it will all be over soon and we will all be happier. Then everybody can be talking about something other than when when when :)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Brother, do I ever know how you feel........They have a ton of us angry people scattered around the country, scratching our heads wondering WTF!!!!????? It sucks. I know. It's difficult watching everyone have fun without being able to join in. However, living vicariously is also the only thing keeping me pointed in the right direction. Hang in there, it'll be worth it. If I can do it, you can do it.:blackeye:

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Im with you fastorange, still waiting for my SL but there is a red one at my dealership with no down on it. Ive had my money down for 3 months.. Crazy. The hardest part about it is listening to all others with theirs and not being able to join in. Still waiting, and waiting and waiting. Im sure it will all be over soon and we will all be happier. Then everybody can be talking about something other than when when when :)
You just beat me to it B-dub.....Typing nearly the same thing at the same time. There are a lot of us in the same boat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts