Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Someone posted a grey slingshot in Atlantic, Iowa - Called them and bought it on the spot.
Pick it up on Saturday. WOOOO HOOOOO.
I have a couple of questions.
Where did you see a Slingshot posted for sale, ebay? Craigslist? facebook?
And what was the asking price with/if shipping charge, prep charge, ADM.
And congrats on finding the elusive gray slingshot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The dealer posted it here on the forum that he had one for sale. I think there was another one also posted for sale here a day or two ago....in Alabama maybe? i can't remember where the other one was.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well, mine is in,...... kind-of,.... my dealer called yesterday and said it was, so I stopped by today. I wanted grey, all they have is red,...still looks good,.... he thought mine was coming through from factory, grey fully loaded,..NOPE... Polaris said my grey is on the way and the dealer must put it together. I know, I know, 2 weeks! Changing color panel and seats. He did say everything other then body panels is mine. Date stamp or manufacture date is 9/2014, he said they were already charged for it and it should be here any day

PS, must thank my wife for this. Without her, it would not happen or be the same

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Congrats MIKEKC, also congrats for being the first American to spell "gray" like an American!

Well, I have to take it back. Now you are spelling it like a Brit again.
:)

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Come on Shat you know you want the RED SS SL cause it is fastest!!!

Evo I have been dogging GRAY for a long time...

P.s. Shat bite it!!!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Congrats MIKEKC, also congrats for being the first American to spell "gray" like an American!
I also used "gray" in many of my early posts, but since nobody else did, I sold out and went "grey." I was worried that some of the observant people who are buying the SL(ow) Slingshot would catch on and try to spark infighting and debate among the gray/grey group. I knew we had to stick together, so it was a tactical maneuver on my part. However, now that we're all educated about both spelling options, I suggest we drop gray/grey all together and refer to the base as Titanium. We should also drop "red" for the SL(ow) and refer to it as the Ginger SS. :smuggrin:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha, Did not even notice the Grey/Gray, but I guess that is my Missouri slang kicking in. Plus I was so excited I could have typed anything and not noticed. LOL
Yes, it was posted by a dealer on this forum, I just called on a " chance in hell " that they would still have it. It is only 2.5 hours from KC so it will not be bad.
Price was MSRP + 520.00 freight. Done and Done. Better price than I was getting here in KC.
They had a blade windshield in stock and will install it for free. (had a stereo system as well but I did not want that)

Thanks all for the congrats - can't wait to ride ...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ha, Did not even notice the Grey/Gray, but I guess that is my Missouri slang kicking in. Plus I was so excited I could have typed anything and not noticed. LOL
Yes, it was posted by a dealer on this forum, I just called on a " chance in hell " that they would still have it. It is only 2.5 hours from KC so it will not be bad.
Price was MSRP + 520.00 freight. Done and Done. Better price than I was getting here in KC.
They had a blade windshield in stock and will install it for free. (had a stereo system as well but I did not want that)

Thanks all for the congrats - can't wait to ride ...
Congrats!! That's a good deal. I REALLY REALLY considered buying that one up as soon as I read the post. I've been over to that dealer but never bought from them before and I'm still thinking I'll hold off for a RED one this spring. I'll buy from R/J Performance in Ottumwa, Ia. when I'm ready most likely. Unless Kip has some smokin' deals going by then!! :)

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
well, mine is in,...... kind-of,.... my dealer called yesterday and said it was, so I stopped by today. I wanted grey, all they have is red,...still looks good,.... he thought mine was coming through from factory, grey fully loaded,..NOPE... Polaris said my grey is on the way and the dealer must put it together. I know, I know, 2 weeks! Changing color panel and seats. He did say everything other then body panels is mine. Date stamp or manufacture date is 9/2014, he said they were already charged for it and it should be here any day

PS, must thank my wife for this. Without her, it would not happen or be the same
So did your dealer get 2 SL units in and he already has your gray coming with a date?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts