Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
These are very good shocks, dial them firm for playing and soft for comfort. They are also rebuildable from JRI if you ever need to. I have them on both of my slings. If I wanted them I would make him a reasonable offer and you can be riding like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been debating it since I cannot see what condition they are in. Always struggle buying used parts that are so important to safety and performance.

·
3,162 Posts
Its pretty hard to tear up a shock unless you went off-roading with it or got into a wreck. He says not used much, but you will never know , even with a picture. His profile says he is 52, so I would think your safe.

·
3,162 Posts
One set of mine are the hydraulic lift and I just sent them back to JRI to check and rebuild the rear after the hydraulic actuator went bad $75.00 These here don't have the hydraulics to worry about, just like my other set. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Slingshot has 8500 miles on it. I had the JRI non adjustable on it at first. They were on it the 1st year. I probably put about about 4000 miles on it with those shocks. My Slingshot has never been caught in the rain. A hose has never been put on it. Only spray waxed. The clicker shocks have been set and forgot about. It is adult driven. I am not in a dusty environment. These shocks look like new because I clean the shaft, shock body, and springs. I have the DDM upgraded sway bar and end links. I also have an extra set of end links(red). I am considering the air ride for my Slingshot. I am also thinking if I will have problems from the air ride; since I will be making my suspension more complex. Better hurry before I keep them. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts