Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been lurking for several weeks now, and I decided to join in on the fun! I found out about the Slingshot a few weeks ago, right as the release happened, and set to work on finding out everything I could about this new machine. I went in and put down a deposit, and I am first on the list in Greensboro NC for a base model. I plan to get the windshield upgrade with a cover, and go from there. I have really enjoyed reading what everyone here has to say( I think I have scoured over every post in anticipation). This seems like a great group of folks! I am right there with you all, counting the days until I can get my butt in one of these awesome machines. I am more of a Jeep guy, rather than a motorcycle guy, but i think the slingshot will be a whole new level of open air fun! Here's to waiting! Cheers!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well, I have been lurking for several weeks now, and I decided to join in on the fun! I found out about the Slingshot a few weeks ago, right as the release happened, and set to work on finding out everything I could about this new machine. I went in and put down a deposit, and I am first on the list in Greensboro NC for a base model. I plan to get the windshield upgrade with a cover, and go from there. I have really enjoyed reading what everyone here has to say( I think I have scoured over every post in anticipation). This seems like a great group of folks! I am right there with you all, counting the days until I can get my butt in one of these awesome machines. I am more of a Jeep guy, rather than a motorcycle guy, but i think the slingshot will be a whole new level of open air fun! Here's to waiting! Cheers!
Welcome and it's why a forum is made...talk about something with passion!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Welcome fellow jeeper. I too am more jeep than motorcycle and I was one of those that wished a RZR was street legal. I guess the SS is what happens when they puts their minds to it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I accidently found out about it on the dealers web page. Like you have been reading all I could. I have already traided my bike on it and am waiting impatiently just like you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome fellow jeeper. I too am more jeep than motorcycle and I was one of those that wished a RZR was street legal. I guess the SS is what happens when they puts their minds to it.
Hi Tango. Jeep wave to you! This thing looks like it will be lots of fun!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Lots of fun. The anticipation is crazy high. I spent months waiting for my last two vehicles yet didn't have the same impatience. Each of those cost 3+ times as much but still I am more impatient with the SS. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I accidently found out about it on the dealers web page. Like you have been reading all I could. I have already traided my bike on it and am waiting impatiently just like you.
Yeah, It was kind of an accident for me too. A friend of mine owns our local Indian dealership. He had been saying something was coming down the line soon that was really interesting. It just happened that I stopped by the shop the day of the press release. 3 days later, I'm banging down the door to get my deposit in before anybody else got in line!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lots of fun. The anticipation is crazy high. I spent months waiting for my last two vehicles yet didn't have the same impatience. Each of those cost 3+ times as much but still I am more impatient with the SS. :)
I am right there with you brother. 6-8 weeks has never felt so far away! This is my first big toy purchase outside of the Jeep. My wife thinks I'm finally hitting that mid life sports car crisis! On the upside, if I am able to daily drive the SS like I want to, she gets to drive the Jeep more. So maybe a win/win when it comes to that. Right now, I'm just concentrating on accumulating a decent enough down payment to whittle the monthly down to where it is fairly unnoticeable…keeping myself occupied…and watching like a hawk for any new morsels of info to keep my fix in check!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts