Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

JMS pedal max?

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Terry Moore 
#1 ·
do you guys know if the pedal max causes the engine light to come on? Also Polaris dealer said it voids the warranty?

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't have one, so I can't comment beyond saying Polaris will use any excuse that allows them to avoid responsibility for repairs. If you have one and can restore your Slingshot to stock condition and still have the same problem, then Polaris should not be able to use it as a reason to deny warranty coverage.
As far as no responses, it might just be that people who might be able to comment just haven't logged on and seen the message.

#11 ·
That's a good question better answered by someone more knowledgeable about engine codes than me, but the Pedal Commander is a true plug and play and if it is removed there would be no evidence of it having been installed unless it threw a code that could be attributed to it.

#14 ·
I would suggest a call to your servicing dealer. Tell them you are contemplating this product and ask them what, if any, effect it would have on your warranty. They should be familiar with the product and, if not, I would try another dealer until I got an opinion in which I have confidence. You could also contact the manufacturer with this question. It's always quicker to go straight to the source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.