Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the JL Audio rep for the Southeast US. I have an SL on order and as soon as it arrives it is scheduled to go down to South FL to the JL Audio facility in Miramar to design a SlamPak Audio system.
No designs or expectations yet but with all of the room available on either side driving compartment we should be able to design 2-way or 3-way system with and without a Subwoofer enclosure behind the seats. I'm really hoping that we can incorporate subwoofers in the side panels without having to give up the storage area behind the seats. If past time frames on new SLAMPAK are any measure of availability then I would expect these to be available to the general public by early summer.

Here is a link the JL Audio web site that shows current SlamPaks available.

http://www.jlaudio.com/powersports-slampak

Ill keep everyone posted as more info becomes available.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I like my JL equipment. Can I get in on some beta test action for JL?

AND

Im in the Southeast. Alabama to be exact. Message me if you need a Slingshot that already had some power to drive whatever you come up with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! I saw your posts on another thread but I didn't want to interject anything into your thread.

The install looks super. How do your 10W1v3's sound? Another option would be the 10TW1's. The grills are almost flush and it has the ability to work in a very small enclosure. The C2's look good on the pods. I would think that JL will try to do something that would have an enclosure in the pods.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Looks great! I saw your posts on another thread but I didn't want to interject anything into your thread.

The install looks super. How do your 10W1v3's sound? Another option would be the 10TW1's. The grills are almost flush and it has the ability to work in a very small enclosure. The C2's look good on the pods. I would think that JL will try to do something that would have an enclosure in the pods.

Actually they do fairly well. I was suprised considering how much volume was in the storage area. I just noticed you were talking about the slimline compact subs. I did not know the grill area was different. I had the W1's already. If I have any issues I may grab a set of them. You can never have to many subs on the shelf to pick from. The factory pods just need a tiny bit more room. They were a nightmare to fit the C2's into.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to see you guys will have an option for the SS, I put Infinity Kappa's in my F150 when I first got it in 10' but those were the biggest pieces of crap ever, ditched them within a year after two died and have had C2-570x in all four doors since then and still rocking out.
Hopefully it all works out numbers wise for me to get SS in summer and ill be putting JL in that as well, keep up the good work!

Not to de-rail but quickly how was it fitting in after market deck into the SS? is it a regular double DIN? any modifications needed or bracket fabrication for the Kenwood?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Glad to see you guys will have an option for the SS, I put Infinity Kappa's in my F150 when I first got it in 10' but those were the biggest pieces of crap ever, ditched them within a year after two died and have had C2-570x in all four doors since then and still rocking out.
Hopefully it all works out numbers wise for me to get SS in summer and ill be putting JL in that as well, keep up the good work!

Not to de-rail but quickly how was it fitting in after market deck into the SS? is it a regular double DIN? any modifications needed or bracket fabrication for the Kenwood?

Its not that bad . the opening is 1/16 wider than a double din. You really can't notice it. Go for it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I will be waiting for the SlamPak. I almost put one on my Spyder, but didn't want to give up my trunk space. I like the idea of it being one, single kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts