Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Girlfriend & I got in the Slingshot which was parallel-parked and angled facing slightly outward on a downtown street late one night and a younger guy comes up to us all excited, he's the first one to meet us. --What??? He explains there's an automotive page on Facebook where someone took a picture of us in the morning wondering, "What the heck is this???" and people have been playing "tag" all day, trying to catch us and snap a picture. He pulls out his phone and shows us, and no kidding, there we are from all angles. He asks some questions others had asked throughout the day, thanks us, and he's off. We looked at each other in amazement, wondering what just happened. Flipped on some tunes and drove off through the city on a warm summer night, just like in the movies.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I was getting that back in December and January. It seems I was the only nut out and about in the 20 degree weather and people were taking pictures and video and posting it on the various social outlets. I'd have strangers walk up to me and show me their phones and ask if it was me.
It tended to make me even more introverted than I already am. It was getting to be just a tad too much.

Now that it's warmer out, I'll take the wife for a ride and invariably she'll ask me to stop at some store to run in to get something. I sit in the Slingshot and make a phone call to have a reason to ignore the curious. It doesn't always work though. Some folks can really pester you. Ignorance abounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts