Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a really good question!

Stylistically, from a design standpoint, the body panels of the Slingshot are already staggered and broken up, which is the effect the graphics kits attempt to make...

Visually, from a practical standpoint, if the vehicle is painted with real paint and real clear coating, it might be a good way to protect the paint from damage, but might be costly to find something to match your pre-existing paint scheme.

I guess it could also come down to the emotional or visibility factor, whereby it makes sense to add reflective pin-striping or some type of more LOUD visual cues.

The vehicle in final form factor and in person would ultimately determine that whole conversation for me. What about you? Are you into the flash and the furious?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
What about you? Are you into the flash and the furious?
I have been known to be flash and the furious though black rocks too.

I think I would probably do a wrap as well. I am starting to experiment with potential combos of colors/graphics as I think it kind of lends itself to a modern Cobra of sorts. I might draw on that heritage and modernize it for this project.

It also depends on the colors they provide. Come on 27th!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Come on 27th!
I hear you man... My wife is telling me "SHUT UP ALREADY!!! You have no information and you're getting excited and you'll probably not even be able to afford it!"

Buzzkiller... Although, she likes what she's seen so far. :cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've definantly thought of a wrap. I'm not real fond of the red therefore a wrap is a good, cheap, fast solution. The color is easy "Satin pearl white". Stunning appearance and available. Black/white contrasts well if done properly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm stuck between 2 colors. A bright silver that will match my truck and enclosed trailer, or a bright orange just to make it pop. One if my coworkers showed a few cool oranges, so we'll see what happens when it gets here. I ordered the base model so the interior will match any color I choose.

Stephen

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am getting ready to order my 3M 1080 wrap for the slingshot.
Does anyone have measurements of the hood area ? I have looked around and not found anything.
I know the total width is 77" but I am looking for the breakdown of each part of the hood. ( main section, and the two side sections ). The wrap comes in 60" width and I want to make sure that will make it across the entire center section of the main hood. The wrap I am choosing has a pattern and so staying within 60" make things much easier.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 838 Posts