Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
@nemesis1701
Just my opinion - but I believe the tow dolly would have to lift the rear wheel. That would lower the nose during towing and possibly do some damage on the rougher roads - Plus we have no way of locking the front steering securely which I think would damage the front tires.
I could be wrong on all points!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Fellas. Ive towed my SS 3,000 miles with no issues other than it getting wet and dirty from my truck slinging shit onto it in a rain storm. Pulled it to Maggie Valley from Colorado and back, no issue other than tire wear on the dolly. Worked great .
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
@nemesis1701
Just my opinion - but I believe the tow dolly would have to lift the rear wheel. That would lower the nose during towing and possibly do some damage on the rougher roads - Plus we have no way of locking the front steering securely which I think would damage the front tires.
I could be wrong on all points!
I think you nailed it Mac. Flat bed or flower bed. Nothing conventional does the job as well as a flatbed. I'm liking the different ideas here!

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
Fellas. Ive towed my SS 3,000 miles with no issues other than it getting wet and dirty from my truck slinging shit onto it in a rain storm. Pulled it to Maggie Valley from Colorado and back, no issue other than tire wear on the dolly. Worked great . View attachment 39622 View attachment 39623 View attachment 39624 View attachment 39625
I stand corrected!
But since I hate cleaning mud out of the cab I will stay with my closed trailer.
Nice set up - Did you build it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes I did. Looked at a trailer but didn't have the room to store it, besides $2K+ for a trailer I might use once a year? The dolly fits in the same garage stall as the SS. Big plus for me.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts