Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the speedometer displays all the way up to 220 MPH. Is it borrowed from a sport bike? If so, which one?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
IIRC, someone either posted here or in a review that Polaris used the analog instrument set from a Victory motorcycle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think there is a "mis-understanding" regarding the speedometer. It does have 0-220 on the gauge. If you notice, there is a 0-120 (in large digits) followed by 140-220 (in smaller digits). When you select MPH (miles) or KPH (metric) the speedometer dial reads differently. The speedometer does not have the capability to read 220 MPH. It does have the capability to read 220 KPH (136 MPH)…. The gauge set does very closely resemble the old Victory motorcycle gauge design, but it also very closely resembles my 2009 RZR "instrument gauge", so I'd suspect the 'borrowed from" is more of a Polaris similarity (much like Ford has used the same "basic layout with Ice Blue backlighting for several years) rather than a "direct parts replacement/substitution".

·
Registered
59 Posts
I noticed that the speedometer displays all the way up to 220 MPH. Is it borrowed from a sport bike? If so, which one?
The speedometer is designed to register both mph and kph, depending on which you select. The 220 is for kph, and is about 135 mph, whichnis still pretty optimistic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts