Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed someone wrote Costco will be giving dealer names with a fixed discount. Has anyone else heard this?
Also, which dealer in Illinois is giving the best deal?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Polaris does participate in the Costco Auto Program. I don't think the Slingshot is an approved model yet. Not sure if it will be in the future.........

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
This Costco stuff... :inpain:

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
186 Posts
it's a nice discount but since it's Costco you have to buy in bulk and then you pay a deposit in advance with no actual delivery date.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I actually looked into it back then and the Slingshot wasn't listed as an approved model yet. I wasn't going to wait just to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used the COSTCO auto plan when I bought my last car. They pre-negotiate a price with dealers and make sure they stick to it. It saved me about $2000 off sticker on a $24000 car. If your a good negotiator, you might be able to do better, but I've never been a good negotiator. Just don't have the patience. I usually tell them what I'm willing to pay (after doing research), and if they don't want to sell for that price, I walk away. The SS was a little different obviously. I crawled in like a dog and asked how much they wanted. lol

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I used the COSTCO auto plan when I bought my last car. They pre-negotiate a price with dealers and make sure they stick to it. It saved me about $2000 off sticker on a $24000 car. If your a good negotiator, you might be able to do better, but I've never been a good negotiator. Just don't have the patience. I usually tell them what I'm willing to pay (after doing research), and if they don't want to sell for that price, I walk away. The SS was a little different obviously. I crawled in like a dog and asked how much they wanted. lol
That's why I checked it first. I knew I wouldn't get it a penny off sticker.:D It's worth the sticker price anyway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I noticed someone wrote Costco will be giving dealer names with a fixed discount. Has anyone else heard this?
Also, which dealer in Illinois is giving the best deal?
IL Dealer Pricing
I bought my at World of Powersports in Decatur, they have an SL in stock right now.
They had a good price. A pekin dealership was a couple hundred cheaper as was the dealer in Mattoon, IL but Decatur was closer. Rick Cox is the manager.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Do they mean 2016?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I know up here they're working with Yamaha. Outboards, Atv's and Snowmobiles are all discounted if you're a member.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Buddy of mines saw this in Costco Sparks, Reno Nevada over this Labor day weekend.

That's pretty crazy! I would think that's gotta piss any local Polaris dealer off. Seems like a lot of dealers are still having trouble getting slingshots delivered to fill orders already placed by customers. Here's Polaris sticking one in a big box store. Not only will it steal a sale from the local Polaris dealer, it takes a unit away from a dealer waiting on delivery to fill an existing order.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's pretty crazy! I would think that's gotta piss any local Polaris dealer off. Seems like a lot of dealers are still having trouble getting slingshots delivered to fill orders already placed by customers. Here's Polaris sticking one in a big box store. Not only will it steal a sale from the local Polaris dealer, it takes a unit away from a dealer waiting on delivery to fill an existing order.
Costco has to make this offer in concert with a local dealer - where do you think they got the floor model that's shown. Costco has an agreement with Polaris, but it requires cooperation from a local dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LA dealer, Cycle Sports I think, offers a discount off the setup and delivery, $500 I believe. Deals will vary, anybody else in Southern or Central California negotiate a deal?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Yes, these displays are all meant to be ledes to dealerships.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts