Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at multi use trailers. Be nice to be able to carry my slingshot on it. Would 7 feet be wide enough? I could add steel blocks so the front wheels are locked in place. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I am looking at multi use trailers. Be nice to be able to carry my slingshot on it. Would 7 feet be wide enough? I could add steel blocks so the front wheels are locked in place. Thanks for any help!
I have a 7 x 14 dual axel with a 6ft gate and some 3ft ramps for loading. Just added a lift assit ( the gate was getting a little heavy for this 'old fart') Works fine... I also use a Polaris trailering cover.
I am OEM so no problem ... loaned my trailer to a friend who had aftermarket wheels --- wheels made the Slingshot to wide. I bought the trailer in 2015 --- about $2500.00

Loaded and ready to head to Florida Jan 2021

Only time I trailer is winter to Florida for a couple of
weeks. I'm a painting contractor and use this unit
for the business. Also use the Slingshot to run some
estimates.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! What do you think of snowmobile trailers? A four place aluminum is 7 to 8 feet wide, 14 to 16 feet long, can carry 3000 pounds, and used ones are readily available in the arctic tundra of Minnesota. On paper it appears to be a perfect. But, there may be something I am missing.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,173 Posts
As long as it clears the angle of the ramp to load it and the wheels clear the side rails your good. Some use the rubber ramps to help the clearance issues of the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
My Ryker had a problem loading on a trailer, but it is a few inches lower ground clearance. I just put a board down for only the center wheel to raise it up. Easy and quick fix.
As long as you have the width and then figure out what you need for ramp extension for clearance. I need the 6ft ramp + 3ft extension for safe clearance.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Distance between the outside of the front tires is just under 80" (6' 8") (2016.5 SL stock wheels). Whatever you use has to have that minimum clearance to get the front wheels on.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a for sale, 2017 Custom Built Anvil Trailer/Tramper 8.5’ x 16’ for Polaris Slingshot and or Tall Side by Side or Golf Cart, Great Condition, $10,900.00
Rear door ramp inside opening 7’ high, 82” wide with ramp extension & dovetail, Torsion axle, Electric Drum Brakes, Spar TIRE, 30 Amp. Electric service, 110 V porch light, Inside 12V dome light, Inside 110 V Florissant Lighting, Roof AC, .30 Aluminum siding, 16” on center support, Insulated roof, Insulated side walls, Heavy Duty Rubber floor covering and Ramp, Stabilizer jacks, Side vents, 2 Windows one in door one on left side, Painted Walls, Bullet nose, LED Backup light, GFI Outlet Right side of V, 14’ Dometic RV Awning, Shelving plus fold down Shelving, Air Mattress, Wall Mounted TV, TV Antenna, Portable Chemical Toilet, Cold water Sink. Just sold my SS, was getting to hard for me getting in and out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts