Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure I am doing this correctly. I am Wayne from Southern NJ. I used to own a Spyder and was just going to purchase a brand new Honda Pioneer 1000. It was delayed and to my benefit because I found the Slings shot. My biggest concern is getting a fair price. Looks like most dealers charge sticker MSRP( NO discounts) and also charge freight and prep

I just called my closest dealer DHY here in Southern NJ and found that they Charge $1,100 Freight and 250 set up and they charge MSRP. Is this normal ???

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
not here in fla where i am, NJ is ripping you for freight for sure..set up is negotiable, as is MSRP.. is up to you if you want to pay/..but,,lots of good used ones on for sale area here...good luck..post a pict when you have yours..:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Looking for new Black that I can customize. Found another dealer that charges the freight and prep but deals on the MSRP

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Wayne, Welcome. The whole world is negotiable. My dealer was at MSRP and under $300.00 for freight and prep. I thought that was fair. At this point there may be a better supply than last year at this time. I would suggest that you find the best deal you can and 'do it'
weather warms a little and every body will be out and ready to buy.
Last year there was a 3--4+ week wait to get one. Have fun.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My dealer here in NW AR has a black one, grey one, two red, and one new pearl white SL on the floor. MSRP and don fees. Plus you could ride back through beautiful hills and countryside all the way back :) They have sold about 30 so far.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wayne, Welcome. The whole world is negotiable. My dealer was at MSRP and under $300.00 for freight and prep. I thought that was fair. At this point there may be a better supply than last year at this time. I would suggest that you find the best deal you can and 'do it'
weather warms a little and every body will be out and ready to buy.
Last year there was a 3--4+ week wait to get one. Have fun.
Thank you
I just called another dealer and he said 1400 also in freight but when asked about MSRP he said they will work with me on that . Crazy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer here in NW AR has a black one, grey one, two red, and one new pearl white SL on the floor. MSRP and don fees. Plus you could ride back through beautiful hills and countryside all the way back :) They have sold about 30 so far.
Makes good sense
I have a brand new enclosed trailer I am trying to sell and I could transport it back

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they are any add on to the price, find another dealer. The good dealers are out there.
Makes good sense
I have a brand new enclosed trailer I am trying to sell and I could transport it back
Last dealer I called charges the 1400 freight and prep but discounts on the MSRP. Crazy

·
Registered
451 Posts
Makes good sense
Last dealer I called charges the 1400 freight and prep but discounts on the MSRP. Crazy
so if the msrp would equal to about $400 over I think thats fair I know without a doubt you will not find a dealership willing to knock off those fees in NJ and even NY or PA. closest I found was that place in WV but you have to actually go there to get it. I was prepared to purchase it and have it shipped but not willing to travel 6+ hours for a signature

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Wayne I bought from Deptford and they are great there and installed Alpha turbo ..
But sometimes maybe cheapest price is not always the best way to go.
With Slingshot having some issues and you need to see dealer maybe the little extra cost
not such a big deal if you do have issues and need work done.
I know from past purchases wish I would have bought local.. something to think about..Good Luck joe South Jersey

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info
Did you buy from Bill
Did he discount anything?
He told me today MSRP plus 1100 freight , plus 200 prep

Called Atlantic City Cycle where I bought the Spyder
Their fees were the same but said of course they would not charge MSRP

·
Registered
567 Posts
I traded a bike in so I had to pay everything but felt like the price for bike traded in was in ballpark.
So no body is getting anything free today.
If you buy from them and you want extras try and make deals that way and see if they bend
some.
I ended up with every salesperson .Bill took me for first turbo ride and that ride made me buy turbo and SS the same day
..LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed
But their follow up is not great and they seem to not be up to speed
They said , I should buy tires and sound system from them. Does not sound right
I agree their is always aftermarket but sound system
Not sure
They are 10 min from my house but AC is 30 min
Not major

·
Registered
567 Posts
You have to go where you feel comfortable.. I am in Delran so approx 1 hour ride to Depford..
I decided no sound system or camera. I want custom body and wheels and turbo.
wife and I are going to Maggie valley rally in May with it and can not wait.. Suppose to be few hundred SS there.
I bought my wheels online and just installed myself. Sure they would like you to buy from them.
And bought F 4 windshield online direct

1 - 20 of 61 Posts