1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Can't tell if he is just singling out celebrities that do this sort of thing or is pointing a finger at anyone that does this. I really don't pay much attention to them (celebrities) whether they are on a spyder or driving their exotic sports cars. When I am taking a cruise in my SS will someone like the author even consider that fact that I may also be a two wheeled enthusiast or will I simply be judged in the same way he (the author) is judging here?

Doesn't matter to me but it is interesting just the same. When all I could afford to ride were Japanese bikes growing up I felt a lot of the stigma associated with them. In fact I rode mine to work every day of the summer while going to college. Work just happened to be a prominent manufacturer of HD performance products. I took a lot of crap for that. Some even went so far as to say unless you ride HD you are not a true biker. That has faded some over the last couple of decades but the attitude still exists. Just chalk it up to human nature I guess.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Can't tell if he is just singling out celebrities that do this sort of thing or is pointing a finger at anyone that does this. I really don't pay much attention to them (celebrities) whether they are on a spyder or driving their exotic sports cars. When I am taking a cruise in my SS will someone like the author even consider that fact that I may also be a two wheeled enthusiast or will I simply be judged in the same way he (the author) is judging here?

Doesn't matter to me but it is interesting just the same. When all I could afford to ride were Japanese bikes growing up I felt a lot of the stigma associated with them. In fact I rode mine to work every day of the summer while going to college. Work just happened to be a prominent manufacturer of HD performance products. I took a lot of crap for that. Some even went so far as to say unless you ride HD you are not a true biker. That has faded some over the last couple of decades but the attitude still exists. Just chalk it up to human nature I guess.
JD,
We used to ride with a buddy that didn't have a HD a few years back, he had a BMW 1200 i think. Anytime we were ready to pull out, someone in the group would shout"start it up Tommy" cause we couldn't tell if it was running--lol
I think HD owns 97% of the cruiser bike market, but I see that going way down with all the great bikes Polaris is putting out there. Their new Scout will eat up sales on the Sportster. I feel that HD stigma is fading fast.

As far as a true biker, seems this guys point is pure and simple, if you don't throw your leg over a bike, then you are not a BIKER.

its a whole new whole out there, lets enjoy it

·
Registered
642 Posts
AP, I agree. He seems to be one of the "proud" riders.

I don't pride myself because I can ride. I ride because I like it.
What I am proud of is finally overcoming the fear that a low-side instilled me with almost 20 years ago and getting back on the 2-wheeled horse.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've had bikes almost my whole life. they just don't do much for me anymore. That being said I don't plan on driving my sling with bikers that much:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts