Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Found this site thru google. Currently ride a 2008 Can Am Spyder I bought new. Been running the idea through my head of getting a little 2 seater convertible when the SS came along. This may be the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
If anybody from Texas actually gets an insurance quote, please post what company it came from! I've had no luck getting any info on insurance.
I agree that MOST of the people on the Forum are good people. Like any Forum, we've had a few trolls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
Im just north of Houston.
I've been reading the forum for a couple weeks. Im sure I'll dive in and be active once I get my paws on an actual SS.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
After asking 7 or 8 dealers that were listed on the Polaris website as being within 2 hrs or so of Houston, TX, (Houston area, Beaumont, TX and Lufkin, TX) for all-inclusive, out-the-door prices, and receiving results from 5 of them, I went with Lufkin Power Sports in Lufkin, TX. The Houston area and Beaumont dealers all wanted larger deposits with higher prices.

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
After asking 7 or 8 dealers that were listed on the Polaris website as being within 2 hrs or so of Houston, TX, (Houston area, Beaumont, TX and Lufkin, TX) for all-inclusive, out-the-door prices, and receiving results from 5 of them, I went with Lufkin Power Sports in Lufkin, TX. The Houston area and Beaumont dealers all wanted larger deposits with higher prices.
I went with Polaris West in Katy Tx

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am first at houston power sports. Talked to them yesterday. No date. ..figures late Oct. Still can't find insurance.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
A Forum member form Texas posted he had gotten an insurance quote from Markle. I keep bugging AAA/Dairyland, but they don't even bother to respond. Makes me wonder if I should reevaluate my insurance. I just switched to AAA and saved almost 50% over what I had been paying even though my motorcycle insurance went up alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got to try a SS on for size this weekend.
Just to give others an idea of perspective, Im a big guy with a long torso.
6' 3", 30-32 in inseam, 290 lbs.
Fit for me was fine. I had to move the seat fwd one notch up from full back to make the clutch feel comfortable, which was good, cuz that gave me one notch of recline.
My only concern now will be whether or not I can make the pedal setop work for me.
I wear braces due to foot issues, and wear WIDE shoes.
Hoping I can still work a foot clutch like I used to with my braces.
Room btwn the clutch and brake seemed good, but the gas pedal seemed to be squeezed in pretty tight between the brake ond the tunnel.
This makes sense, as most spoprty models atre liek this to transition fast between gas and brake.
A test drive will reveal all when they become street legal in TX.
Ill let you know when I get the chance to drive one. May be an owner before I know it...LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts