Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
IIRC, total passenger + luggage weight is around 450 lbs. I'm aware of some owners in the 6' 3-4" and 350 lbs range, but I can't remember anyone posting about being 6' 7", too. Hopefully, someone will post about that.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I stand 6'7 and weigh 350 lbs. What are the height and weight requirements for a slingshot?
Honestly, I would not worry about the SlingShot itself, but rather if you are comfortable in the SlingShot. If I were you, seek out your nearest dealer and give a SlingShot a test ride, I hope that you find the experience encouraging!

Bill

·
Registered
61 Posts
I stand 6'7 and weigh 350 lbs. What are the height and weight requirements for a slingshot?
Just have to go and check out the fit in person. The cockpit can be a little tight. A tall guy might not fit well if you want a sling shade installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 6'4 and about 300 lbs and I can say that the slingshot does not misbehave or act weird when their is another 300lb man in the passenger seat. Granted doing this extensively could possibly cause long term damage. As for how you might fit depends alot on your actual build, my legs get uncomfortable if we are on a long ride as there is no good foot resting position but is still bearable. a HUGE issue I have as a bigger person no pun intended is my sideview mirrors are almost worthless because they dont adjust enough. I have bought mods to fix this issue but haven't installed it yet. The other issue is the gauge cluster will pretty much always be hidden from you because of the how the dash covers it. You will have to hunch over to see your speedometer and tachometer and as far as I know there is no mod or customization to fix this unless you cut up the dash. Overall, take a test drive and see how it fits. I dont regret it.

oh, and the windshield will just direct the wind right into your face. Mods for that as well but I personally like the air...not the bugs though.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
@Wheeliam's above post reminds me that at least one owner added an aftermarket exhaust which then allowed him to extend the passenger footwell to provide his wife more legroom. Unfortunately, I don't remember which Slingshot forum I saw the post on and extending the passenger footwell won't help the driver.
It isn't cheap, but Shaq had a Slingshot extended to accommodate 4 people. I'd think adding a 6-8" extension would be a more affordable option. As far as seeing the instruments, adding a full Haltech conversion with OBDII-compliant ECU and Haltech programmable display should help address seeing the instrument panel. This thread on a different Slingshot forum details what an owner (rabtech) did as far as converting to a Haltech ECU and instrument panel - Rabtech's Haltech install and other items to make HP - Polaris Slingshot Forum. That owner is around 6'4" and 300+ lbs, so you might consider contacting him for his opinion about your fit in a Slingshot. I know the Haltech setup has been installed on several 2015-19 Slingshots, but I don't know if the Haltech setup will work on the 2020+ Slingshots.
@[email protected] has done work on Rabtech's Haltech-converted Slingshot and might be able to provide some input regarding a full Haltech conversion.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Where are you located! Lots of guys around would be willing to take you for a ride and some (me) have let lots of different people drive there machine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SlingShaq: Shaquille O’Neal’s Custom-Stretched, 4-Seater Polaris Slingshot
Wide Open Roads | March 21, 2021 12:18 pm
slingshaq

NBA star and current Inside the NBA host had one stretched and customized to fit his 7’1” frame.

Well, it appears that Shaq needed a little more passenger space from his three-wheeling Slingshot,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts