Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A loose definition of accessories on your Sling, is any modification, that did not come with the unit when purchased.

There are two types of accessories to consider. 1) engine 2) all other (excluding frame).

There are two types of engine accessories. 1) bling 2) bling with performance enhancement.
Depending on the insurance company, they will want to know if the accessory installed, increased the performance. Cams, exhaust, turbos and superchargers will typically cause and uptick in premium. Although not as bad as you might expect, from my experience.

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630
www.InsureMySling.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
211 Posts
A loose definition of accessories on your Sling, is any modification, that did not come with the unit when purchased.

There are two types of accessories to consider. 1) engine 2) all other (excluding frame).

There are two types of engine accessories. 1) bling 2) bling with performance enhancement.
Depending on the insurance company, they will want to know if the accessory installed, increased the performance. Cams, exhaust, turbos and superchargers will typically cause and uptick in premium. Although not as bad as you might expect, from my experience.

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630
www.InsureMySling.com
[email protected]
In all my years I have never heard of anyone telling their insurance company about performance modifications they made to a car / bike

·
Registered
211 Posts
One friend has over $50,000.00 YES $50,000.00 in aftermarket and has not touched the engine … and yes he has added some coverage …. He has almost 3 times the cost of the Slingshot in aftermarket stuff.
I have known people who wanted added coverage for the goodies they added to be sure they were covered in a loss, but like I said nobody I know has ever wanted the insurance company to know they added HP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts