Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit off a large job that I hope to have finished today. I found thermo-cell thin insulation pads and I'm using them bound to marine carpet. I am just about down to the having the floor and side panels removed. Soon as I start assembling it back together ill post more pictures. I'm going to make the carpet panels snap to the original floor and sides with button snaps. So you can take them out of you want.

My other goal is to enclose the passenger area beside their right hip. I haven't got that far but I will take pics of it also. My wife says the air coming in that area literally is blistering her hip and leg.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's because you bought a gray one.
Probably correct. We do go a lot faster than the red and orange ones. I guess the gray ones are kinda like a rockets surface getting scorching hot when it passes thru the atmosphere.

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
I bit off a large job that I hope to have finished today. I found thermo-cell thin insulation pads and I'm using them bound to marine carpet. I am just about down to the having the floor and side panels removed. Soon as I start assembling it back together ill post more pictures. I'm going to make the carpet panels snap to the original floor and sides with button snaps. So you can take them out of you want.

My other goal is to enclose the passenger area beside their right hip. I haven't got that far but I will take pics of it also. My wife says the air coming in that area literally is blistering her hip and leg.

Rab - you been givin ur bride the red a$$ again - I feel your pain lol

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
Probably correct. We do go a lot faster than the red and orange ones. I guess the gray ones are kinda like a rockets surface getting scorching hot when it passes thru the atmosphere.
That's what the white is for ? Reflects more light at re-entry !

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Rab you know your Slingshot a lot more than a Polaris employee does, I bet. You have had yours taken apart sooo much.

Remember that ONE time you said you were done? No, not that one.:rolleyes: Nope, wrong again. :confused: Not the time after the third radio.:banghead: Yeah that's the one. :)Remember that?:D That was funny.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Rab you know your Slingshot a lot more than a Polaris employee does, I bet. You have had yours taken apart sooo much.

Remember that ONE time you said you were done? No, not that one.:rolleyes: Nope, wrong again. :confused: Not the time after the third radio.:banghead: Yeah that's the one. :)Remember that?:D That was funny.
It's a good thing Rab is healthy and hasn't had to have a lot of surgeries. If he did, I'd be willing to bet he would have asked the surgeon not to use staples or stitches to put him back together. He would have wanted zippers so he could go in and check on their work.

·
1,601 Posts
It's a good thing Rab is healthy and hasn't had to have a lot of surgeries. If he did, I'd be willing to bet he would have asked the surgeon not to use staples or stitches to put him back together. He would have wanted zippers so he could go in and check on their work.
Yeah I'm suprised he didn't buy a bunch of velcro instead of all those bags of torx bolts and nuts and rivets, think of the time it would have saved on the future mods !

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys make me laugh. Im not that bad...

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Yeah I'm suprised he didn't buy a bunch of velcro instead of all those bags of torx bolts and nuts and rivets, think of the time it would have saved on the future mods !
I bet he's mulling that one over, since you mentioned it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just found what could be the cause of all the heat. Isn't it beautiful.

·
1,601 Posts
Just found what could be the cause of all the heat. Isn't it beautiful.

Damn Rab ! Looks like a stainless steel Flux Capacitor ! I've heard of them but never seen one in real life, And yes it is beautiful !

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't laugh! I do have some Genuine Velcro that is Industrial Strength!

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I believe that WE ALL could use some way to turn our exhaust out to the side. I believe the heat is being bounced off the highway and up on our feet. Before I got my ECU tuned my bike was setup to run richer than it needed to be. It caused the exhaust to be a bit sooty. I have noticed the carbon buildup on the bottom of my floorboard. It goes all the way back. So what we know now is the hot exhaust is definitely not dissipating once it leave the muffler tips. That soot can be seen as heat. Because where you have soot you would typically have exhaust heat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've been looking into doing the same thing - insulating marine grade carpet, but haven't yet located a suitable insulating material.

Where did you find thermo-cell thin insulation pads.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
With you RAB.... Marine carpet and weather resistant insulation, just missing the time and money... :(
Like I have said before... This thing is so much like the Triumph Spitfire I restored and having to dealing with all the heat inside the cabin it's not funny. I lot of automotive insulated backed carpet was a huge reducing factor. That and closing up all the holes leading from the engine compartment into the cabin. You have hit the nail on the head about the heat from the exhaust being another huge factor... Watching with amazement as always... :wideyed:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts