Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love just about everything regarding the styling of my Slingshot – but when it comes to the back end of this pup, I feel Polaris stopped short on everything below the dorsal fin. It is for this reason, I was instantly attracted to Metrick’s Sling Wing retro fit spoiler kit which really helps the overall look of the Slings ass-end.

The Sling wing is a super looking spoiler type wing that fits just below the Slingshots belt line. The Sling Wing provides the needed aesthetics to get rid of the rear “driving couch” look and sharpen and streamline the Slingshots back-end.

The Sling Wing isn’t just some plastic molded piece that they just paint, the folks at Metrickks spent some time in the design and manufacturing. The Sling Wing is made of thick re-enforced fiberglass then hand prepped and painted. The wing has some nice curves and lines that follow the Slings rear taillight panel and further complemented with a black painted center-section, which mimics the Slingshots rear camera body panel.

The Sling Wing utilizes the Slingshots existing mounting locations and panel mounting internal hardware so here is no drilling, tapping, or modifying your bike. The wing is solidly mounted by three good-sized stand-offs, which lower the wing a few inches below the tail lamps.

Tag Bracket - Prior to mounting the wing, you’ll first have to mount the provided tag re-location bracket since the original tag mount aside from being somewhat ugly would interfere with both the mounting and the installation of the wing. The provided tag kit is “Bullet-proof” and made of thick steel – it uses a clamping method bracket so the is no needed disassembly of the shock or and rear-end components to mount the tag bracket. You’ll begin by removing the existing tag bracket, then remove the tag light assembly since you’ll be remounting it on the new axle tag bracket.

Wiring – You’ll spend more time routing the tag light wiring then you will installing the wing. Begin by loosening up the rear panel enough to get you hands on the wiring. The tag kit comes with wire and shielding where they expected you to just cut the wires and splice them to the tag light. On my bike, I wanted the tag light bracket to have a plug since I know this is going to be removed many times until this axle problem is sorted out. In addition, I don’t like crimp on connectors in splash areas so, I soldered the wires in the rear and spliced in the removable wire connector at the tag. I used shrink-tite tubing and sealed all the connections. After buttoning up the panels, I routed the wire with the provided clamps down the swing-arm to the tag bracket.

Wing Mounting – Mounting the Sling Wing takes just a few minutes, there is three stand-offs, which have doweled end that mount to the wing. Stainless steel mounting hardware is used in the existing areas where panel screws were located.

When completed, you’ll instantly appreciate the sleek look of the wing where it fills the Slingshots “black Hole” with something that is attractive yet appears to come right from Polaris since its design is exactly that of the Slingshot. An added bonus the great reflection of the tail-lamps on the wing so at night the wing appears to have it own illumination. I’m working on some LED lighting for the wing and will share it with the forum members as soon as I get it sorted out.

The wing kit with the included tag relocation bracket sells for $449 + $39.95 shipping, each wing is custom painted when ordered.

For Further information check out Metricks Ebay store at:

metrickstuff | eBay

Enjoy – Mike Mas

·
No more mods!!! ok.. just one
153 Posts
I ordered one this morning after seeing one yesterday. I've thought about adding a wing to complete the look of the back end, but was on the fence. The workmanship on the spoiler is professional, and the center piece matches the SlingShot's backup camera perfectly. Can't wait to install it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow! thanks Mike that was a great review. I wish I would have sold one to you first then i wouldn't have had to make a goofy install video. It looks great an the more I see that new orange I just love it.

It's on backorder.....
As for back ordered there shipping out we just paint them as they get ordered so there is a bit of stand by time. Usually not longer than a business week until shipped out, which is noted in the ad description. It never fails if we try to get to far ahead something always gets scratched or dropped so to insure the best finish we paint then ship shortly there after;) Here's a pic from out about 10 feet out and a night pic which show's the reflection effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Wow! thanks Mike that was a great review. I wish I would have sold one to you first then i wouldn't have had to make a goofy install video. It looks great an the more I see that new orange I just love it.

As for back ordered there shipping out we just paint them as they get ordered so there is a bit of stand by time. Usually not longer than a business week until shipped out, which is noted in the ad description. It never fails if we try to get to far ahead something always gets scratched or dropped so to insure the best finish we paint then ship shortly there after;) Here's a pic from out about 10 feet out and a night pic which show's the reflection effect. View attachment 26121
It was a joke. I meant the black paint is on backorder. Everything Polaris makes is on backorder.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Question to anyone who has one of these wings. I been on the fence waiting fender. Curios if everyone is happy the way it performs without a fender. Looks like it would serve a similar purpose. Not 100% but it has more style. Looking forward replies
I may pull the trigger this week.

·
No more mods!!! ok.. just one
153 Posts
Question to anyone who has one of these wings. I been on the fence waiting fender. Curios if everyone is happy the way it performs without a fender. Looks like it would serve a similar purpose. Not 100% but it has more style. Looking forward replies
I've got one on mine. Love it. If all goes well, you should see it tomorrow - Wrench Day!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I see you're training your bird roller skating.:penguin:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like the looks of this very much. I'm wondering ( as @Macaws mentioned ) if it might serve to reduce splash & debris like a rear fender does. Maybe coat the underside of the wing with bed liner to make it durable and better able to stand up to whatever is getting flung off of the rear tire.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts