Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install an Blue Sea auxiliary fuse block to power user-added electrical accessories, and their incumbent circuits, on my SS. I have had great success using Blue Sea blocks on my two-wheeled motorcycles. Power supplied via a relay triggered by a circuit that is only energized when ignition is "ON." This prevents me from forgetting to turn off the extras and protects my battery.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1) What is the best route to run the supply wires that run back to the battery?

2) What is the best circuit to tap into for the relay trigger? Wire color to look for? Location?

3) Where is the best place to physically mount the fuse block under the hood for convenient access to fuses?

Yes, "BEST" is highly personal and subjective. I am looking for as many helpful opinions as possible, especially from those who have already tackled similar projects and have learned the hard way.

Thank you in advance.
Antony

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's what I ended up doing......

Found install video for a different fuse block offered by Slingmods.com. If I did not already have the Blue Sea block from a prior motor, I would definitely consider their $139.95 offering if I was not familiar with relay wiring.

Installed the Blue Sea in the pocket behind the left fender (same place as in the video. Ran the power leads back to the batter (in split loom, of course, under speaker boxes and frame tubes, passing through same hole as seat sensor wire to back of vehicle and to battery compartment.

For ignition sensing, I again follow the video's lead and tapped into the 12V socket using a PosiTap connector.

Reactions: UK_Paul
1 - 2 of 2 Posts