Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Pa. as well as most other States an inspection is required. It is normally placed on the lower half of the windshield on the driver's side. Any ideas as where else this could be placed legally? Since the windshield is plastic; removal/replaced every year will leave scratches .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Usually close to the date the yearly registration is due. They play a inspection sticker approx 2 1/2 by 2/12 on the lower left part of the driver';s side windshield. Motorcycles usually have them on the front left fork . Really have to watch the paint getting them off. The inspection station does this. Some bikers have installed a small plate attached to the front fork for the sticker to keep it off the paint. Have no idea where it can go on the Slingshot except the windshield. Not happy with it being on the plastic window nor the paint on the front fender .

·
Registered
133 Posts
We are luck in MO now. No inspection required for 5 years on a new vehicle. But that will be interesting. What if you don't put a windshield on the SS? It's not like a bike where you can put it on the forks.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yeah, you could remove your windshield at every sticker installation so that they have to place it somewhere else, but if the enforcement think that you have intentionally avoided placing your approval sticker the next time you have your windshield on, they might not look in the obvious (but, really, not so obvious) locations on a motorcycle to find yours.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My suggestion would be some 3M paint protector film. You could just trim It a little bigger than the sticker and put it on the windshield. That would protect the windshield when they take it off and the 3M can be removed with a hairdryer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
My suggestion would be some 3M paint protector film. You could just trim It a little bigger than the sticker and put it on the windshield. That would protect the windshield when they take it off and the 3M can be removed with a hairdryer.
Excellent suggestion.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So that is okay? The only reason I didn't suggest anything like that is because the state wouldn't allow it, I figured.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
So that is okay? The only reason I didn't suggest anything like that is because the state wouldn't allow it, I figured.
I would think so! Those doing the inspections would like it too ... Keeps them from buying a new windshield every time they scratch it up with the razor!

The 3M will not just come off without being heated so no chance of losing the sticker. Just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Texas here, also. I got pulled over and given a warning over my Inspection sticker. The shop had placed it on my swingarm, but the cop said it was supposed to be visible from the rear. I placed some aluminum sheet below the license plate on my SV650. On my DL650, I riveted a sheet of aluminum to the back of my luggage rack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts