Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

does anyone know where to start?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone plan on reproducing an after market system with a 5.5 screen or more and Bluetooth, back up camera, gps, waterproof, and ipod ready with speakers? just checking.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My plan is to do a custom body molded mount with a 4g iPad mini retina, I'm either going to water proof it from a company called liquipel or create a cover to protect from elements. I'm going to use a contour bluetooth camera for the back up, reasoning for the contour over a go pro is the go pro takes up wifi and if the wifi is being used on the iPad the 4g will not function, so no maps or pandora. I ordered the factory speaker pods from chris at fixmytoys, I'm thinking of some JL marine 6.6 components. I will be doing a 10" or 12" sub in the passenger storage or in the glove compartment(8" in there), have to get my hands on first before I know if that is an option. I'm going to power it all with an Audison amp.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Withouthope, that will be a kickass system, the only advise I could offer is that the JL 6.5 marine speakers will only handle 60 watts RMS. I would seriously look at the Polk MM series or HAT 6.5 marine speakers, they will both. Handle 100 watts RMS

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I really like using my smartphone for GPS and sources of music. I've had so many aftermarket units and most of where so buggy and quick to be obsolete. I had a flagship unit from Panasonic that had to be removed and sent to Panasonic about a dozen time and replaced with new unit 3 times. Nothing ever worked. Finally after 1.5 years a new model came out and I had to threaten the manager in order to finally get a somewhat reliable unit. I have T mobile and qualify for a upgrade every 6 months on a phone. Next up is a Galaxy Note 4. Most likely I will upgrade speakers and the amp if needed.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Has anyone considered gutting an infotainment system from a disabled/totaled vehicle?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You will have to wait till otter box or other case companies make a waterproof case for the 6 and 6+. You never know when you'll get caught in a freak rain storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I can promise ill have it apart like my spyder a few days after arrival. Here is my RT Spyder. It has Memphis carbon 6.5" in back and a JL Marine grade 4 Channel 400 Watt Amp and I built a box for a JL 10" sub. I can tell you it is ear shattering with Mids and Highs at any speed. Sub is cool at slower speeds. It awesome to be at a red light and have rolling bass.

speaker24.jpg

speaker7.jpg

speaker6.jpg

speaker12.jpg

speaker13.jpg
speaker21.jpg

speaker15.jpg

speaker22.jpg
400 Watt Amp and I built a box for a JL 10" sub

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I watched a video of NeverWet being used to completely waterproof an iPhone. Hopefully a can of that would be very useful for this kind of project!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
A 3D printer will work to make cases.

Also, new Samsung Galaxy phones are probably waterproof enough for rain.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I watched a video of NeverWet being used to completely waterproof an iPhone. Hopefully a can of that would be very useful for this kind of project!
Neverwet is a terrible product. It will eventually white out. And it changes the color of leather goods. I have tried it on several plastic parts and it looks great when applied. But the sun will break it down fast.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts