Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys an impulse buyer I know I am. I have always wanted a t-rex but then came the slingshot just in time.

·
Registered
497 Posts
How many of you guys an impulse buyer I know I am. I have always wanted a t-rex but then came the slingshot just in time.
JV17, I am a complete impulse buyer. Welcome to the addiction.

You will find your in great company here

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree with heffa.
I had nothing on my mind except for the Elio.
Then the SS came into my life.
Now i am having to wait for the SS too.
WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE AND SHIP A FREAKING VEHICLE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad I am not the only one who saw it and had to have it.
I saw the release video on the 27th and put the deposit down on the 28th.
And the waiting is just awful, watching the videos is not helping any.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had some bad experiences with impulse buys in my life. Since then I've been working really hard exercise a little bit more patience. However this is killing me!

I know once these things hit the show rooms and hit the streets I won't be able to hold out anymore. Soon as I read the first real street report I will absolutely have one as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I don't necessarily consider my self an impulse buyer as I have wanted a reverse trike for years. I placed a no-cost reservation for a Persu Mobility V3 (a leaning 3-wheeler) as soon as I could, but that was 3-4 years ago and they seem no closer to ever getting anything to market. 2 years ago, I placed a (semi-refundable Deposit less 15% if I cancel) deposit on a Lit Motors C-1 enclosed 2-wheeler. I had told my Wife years ago that if I got to the point I couldn't ride a motorcycle, I'd probably get a Mini, so that is still an alternative to a Slingshot at this point. It looks like I will go with the Slingshot as it will be available sooner, although I am still concerned about insurance costs as the final determining factor.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I ordered a SS the day after seeing the official announcement but I've been waiting for just such a vehicle for years, so no impulse buy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad I am not the only one who saw it and had to have it.
I saw the release video on the 27th and put the deposit down on the 28th.
And the waiting is just awful, watching the videos is not helping any.

Nice Mopar!!

We're an all Mopar family. We have a '71 Challenger R/T w/ 440, '74 Cuda 360 4-spd and just bought a factory black on black '72 340 Duster. Not to mention, the new Hellcat was put on order this week. Forgot about the '14 Ram 1500 with 5.7 HEMI.

But, that Slingshot was screaming "Buy Me!" when I saw it. Can't believe I'm going to delay my next muscle car, but this looks like such a fun machine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice Mopar!!

We're an all Mopar family. We have a '71 Challenger R/T w/ 440, '74 Cuda 360 4-spd and just bought a factory black on black '72 340 Duster. Not to mention, the new Hellcat was put on order this week. Forgot about the '14 Ram 1500 with 5.7 HEMI.

But, that Slingshot was screaming "Buy Me!" when I saw it. Can't believe I'm going to delay my next muscle car, but this looks like such a fun machine.
I bought this in 1979.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I put money down just a few days after learning about the SS. So that could be a impulse buy. But that was weeks ago, plenty of time to back out. At this point I think most of us that have been waiting weeks for our SS , are past what would be considered an impulse buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts