Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Henry,
Found it. Much easier for me to get to it from the top / hood. Also did you use Lock-tite on it? is the Bell Housing Plug ready yet? Would like to order both at the same time to save some UPS $. Let me know would like to order ASAP.
Glen in ATL

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
TurboSling............... Seems like years ago I posted about someone making a rubber-boot that on the drivers side of the bell-housing - where the hydraulic line goes into the bell-housing and connects to the throw-ou t bearing - right now there is large opening that will allow debris/water into the clutch area - was it you that said you were working on a rubber boot..............tom
BellHsgBoot-1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Bought the aluminum cover, which is one of the few Alpha products without "Alpha" in huge print (fortunately). Came pre-scratched, but on the inside, so the scratch won't be seen. Very heavy duty and fit perfectly. (Note the 4-into-1 pipe stays hot for a while after driving....)

Looks great, and very functional. I cleaned the bolt with alcohol (to remove machining oil from the threads), put medium thread lock on the bolt, the bolt in the cover, cover on the transmission, finger-tightened the bolt to hold the cover, slid the cover all the way in as the instructions stated (outside of the cover is flush with the transmission), then used a ratchet on a 4mm hex socket to tighten the bolt until snug.

Still no boot for the other side. :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
The dust cover for the transmission that Polaris left off is a stock GM/ACDelco part #24236514 available at multiple on line stores. Amazon Prime sells it for 11.00 with freight and Rock Auto has it for 10.00 and change. Just need a 1/2" 6MM bolt to attach it. I've seen some vendors looking for upwards of 25.00 bucks for the part.

Pictured it looks a lot bigger than it is. About 3" high and 1" wide.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The dust cover for the transmission that Polaris left off is a stock GM/ACDelco part #24236514 available at multiple on line stores. Amazon Prime sells it for 11.00 with freight and Rock Auto has it for 10.00 and change. Just need a 1/2" 6MM bolt to attach it. I've seen some vendors looking for upwards of 25.00 bucks for the part.

Pictured it looks a lot bigger than it is. About 3" high and 1" wide.
thanks!

·
Registered
797 Posts
The nice part about the aluminum is it matches everything else and is very thick. There are aluminum plates for half that, I haven't seen one so can't comment further.

What we also need is a cover for the other side which is also wide open.
what is the reason they designed the transmission to have these gaping holes in it? I dont get it.

·
Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
756 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
The nice part about the aluminum is it matches everything else and is very thick. There are aluminum plates for half that, I haven't seen one so can't comment further.

what is the reason they designed the transmission to have these gaping holes in it? I dont get it.
What we also need is a cover for the other side which is also wide open.
The GM part iis a stamped production part that fits the hole exactly. So I would guess that it is an inspection port and Polaris left it off because they felt it unnecessary or for some other reason. Perhaps they didn't specify the part when they ordered components from GM. Obviously, the part is used on other vehicles that have the same engine transmission setup.

I have not seen a cover sold by any vendor for half the price which would be 5-6 bucks. Why pay over twice the amount for a fabricated part when GM has the tooling and makes the part, It's black but you can't see it anyway. Will have to see if they have anything for the other side.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts