Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys and Gals.. as you may know Alpha Powersport fabricated a small aluminum cover with one allen bolt to cover an exposed opening on the Polaris slingshot transmission bell housing. You can actually see the flywheel on the slingshot by looking through this hole. The hole faces the front of the vehicle allowing for possible road dust and debris to enter into the bell housing. We know this mod is not the most exciting thing on earth and while not required, we highly recommend everyone does this cheap improvement.

Here's a link to the product page: Polaris Slingshot Transmission Dust Cover

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hello Guys and Gals.. as you may know Alpha Powersport fabricated a small aluminum cover with one allen bolt to cover an exposed opening on the Polaris slingshot transmission bell housing. You can actually see the flywheel on the slingshot by looking through this hole. The hole faces the front of the vehicle allowing for possible road dust and debris to enter into the bell housing. We know this mod is not the most exciting thing on earth and while not required, we highly recommend everyone does this cheap improvement. We have 12 left on this first shipment available at SlingMods.com. We have 50 more on order with Alpha. Thx.

Thanks!
How much it is ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Can I order this and save on the shipping when I pay for the HIDs that Im on the list for? Just send it when those are ready.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow... I just went out to the garage and took a look. I hadn't seen that big hole. Right where a stray rock might get in there. Or worse...
Sure appreciate you pointing that out. I'm a little embarrassed to not have noticed that. But hey, it's only been 3 weeks!
I'm a little fortunate in some ways, I have lots of scrap alum at work...just made a paper template, I'll make one at lunch hour tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Wow... I just went out to the garage and took a look. I hadn't seen that big hole. Right where a stray rock might get in there. Or worse...
When I dropped my Slingshot off at Alpha Powersport for the turbo install the first thing Turbosling did was a very thorough inspection. He covered every square inch of the Slingshot and gave me a full detailed report.

We are all very lucky to have this level of passion, knowledge and expertise the vendors bring to the forum. I am sure some would look the other way and figure there isn't enough profit in this product and therefor it's a waste of time.
Alpha fast tracked this part before other more profitable parts because they were genuinely concerned for the Slingshot owners.
It makes a big difference when they not only design and sell products but they're also proud Slingshot owners themselves.

A special shout out to Turbosling for catching this and rapidly engineering and producing a good and proper fix!
Also, thank you Keith at Slingmods for quickly bringing it to the market place for us end users and proud owners!:)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hello Guys and Gals.. as you may know Alpha Powersport fabricated a small aluminum cover with one allen bolt to cover an exposed opening on the Polaris slingshot transmission bell housing. You can actually see the flywheel on the slingshot by looking through this hole. The hole faces the front of the vehicle allowing for possible road dust and debris to enter into the bell housing. We know this mod is not the most exciting thing on earth and while not required, we highly recommend everyone does this cheap improvement. We have 12 left on this first shipment available at SlingMods.com. We have 50 more on order with Alpha. Thx.

Thanks!
Also ordered :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Guys this is not just an ad on.....it is a must have,
Keith if you run out, take some form my order, Alpha is going to make more for us later.....because we are in the snow for now :)

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I dropped my Slingshot off at Alpha Powersport for the turbo install the first thing Turbosling did was a very thorough inspection. He covered every square inch of the Slingshot and gave me a full detailed report.

We are all very lucky to have this level of passion, knowledge and expertise the vendors bring to the forum. I am sure some would look the other way and figure there isn't enough profit in this product and therefor it's a waste of time.
Alpha fast tracked this part before other more profitable parts because they were genuinely concerned for the Slingshot owners.
It makes a big difference when they not only design and sell products but they're also proud Slingshot owners themselves.

A special shout out to Turbosling for catching this and rapidly engineering and producing a good and proper fix!
Also, thank you Keith at Slingmods for quickly bringing it to the market place for us end users and proud owners!:)
Thx CT, couldn't agree more. Henry makes some very impressive product and runs things with a code of ethics that other business owners can learn from.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sure appreciate you pointing that out. I'm a little embarrassed to not have noticed that. But hey, it's only been 3 weeks!
I'm a little fortunate in some ways, I have lots of scrap alum at work...just made a paper template, I'll make one at lunch hour tomorrow.
... Hey can you make me one too while you're at it... Lol

1 - 20 of 114 Posts