Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen my thread posted about whether I should go ahead with the Slingshot or pick up a new 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack.

Well, I screwed around thinking about it for so long, the dealer called me this morning to tell me my base Titanium will be arriving in a few days. Too late to squirm out of it now.

The wife is adamant that if I get the Slingshot, there'll be no Scat Pack...... I think I'll live.

I'm excited again...:D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today is a beautiful sunny day, it's only in the low thirties out there, but there is zero wind. A beautiful late fall day. Would've been a perfect afternoon for a little cruise......heck, I just talked myself into firing up the Chieftain and going for a putt.

·
Registered
291 Posts
When are you planning on taking delivery? Since I'm so close to you, I'd love to meet up with you somewhere and check the vehicle out (hell, I'll buy you a nice Gyros at Skippy's on Randall and you can show it off).

The guys that own Skippys (the brothers) are big car guys and the one that runs that location has a very nice maroon 911 Turbo that is always parked there. Car guy stuff!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When are you planning on taking delivery? Since I'm so close to you, I'd love to meet up with you somewhere and check the vehicle out (hell, I'll buy you a nice Gyros at Skippy's on Randall and you can show it off).

The guys that own Skippys (the brothers) are big car guys and the one that runs that location has a very nice maroon 911 Turbo that is always parked there. Car guy stuff!!
Mine is coming from North Coast AHM in Ohio. So, after its delivered and prepped, it'll be loaded back on another truck to be shipped to AHM South Elgin. I'm not exactly certain when this will all take place.

I have to admit that I am experiencing some trepidation right now, because of the unwillingness of my insurance company to insure it, and the revelation that the state is also looking to reclassify these into auto cycles. Not one that has much use for the intrusiveness and bullying of govt, I am half tempted to just cancel and say screw it.

If all goes well, I'd be happy to meet up with you. Not too sure about Skippy's though. If that's the place by the Target and Caputos, I'd pass on that. I've had the displeasure of eating there a few times and to say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. We could always meet at AHM. They have free coffee and sodas, and they are super people.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks and will do.

Evomind's is in (at Woodstock Powersports) but I think he's working through the insurance thing as well.

Very curious to hear what you find out. The fact that winter is settling in is very good for me. I'm not a patient person so if the weather was right, I'm not sure I could trust myself to wait with my 'toy barn' empty.

The auto cycle thing is concerning, but...the timing makes me more comfortable as they work out the annoying (albeit unacceptable) things ala panel gaps and the deal breaker things ala RPM issues/stalling.

AHM might be the right call. I may consider ordering from there - can you share your experience? Are they charging freight or set up? Charging you to get it from OH to here? I ask because they are 5 minutes from me and in a closer area (especially for service) versus Woodstock, which is annoying stoplight filled hike down 47 and frankly, the area and store itself is a bit meh.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Slingshot for sure! Congratulations! I got mine on Wednesday and can't stay off it! Cold here! I live about 25 miles from the dealer that you're getting yours from in Madison...right at the lake!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks and will do.

Evomind's is in (at Woodstock Powersports) but I think he's working through the insurance thing as well.

Very curious to hear what you find out. The fact that winter is settling in is very good for me. I'm not a patient person so if the weather was right, I'm not sure I could trust myself to wait with my 'toy barn' empty.

The auto cycle thing is concerning, but...the timing makes me more comfortable as they work out the annoying (albeit unacceptable) things ala panel gaps and the deal breaker things ala RPM issues/stalling.

AHM might be the right call. I may consider ordering from there - can you share your experience? Are they charging freight or set up? Charging you to get it from OH to here? I ask because they are 5 minutes from me and in a closer area (especially for service) versus Woodstock, which is annoying stoplight filled hike down 47 and frankly, the area and store itself is a bit meh.
I can't say enough good about AHM. I won't divulge my exact terms of my sale, but I am very happy with it. They sold an SL model just a few weeks ago to another guy, and his will be in and shipped from Ohio on the same truck as mine. They have a store in Countryside that will be a Slingshot store. The South Elgin store is not a Slingshot dealership, but they were able to get me one through their Ohio store. There is a little glitch with the construction at the countryside location that has delayed the opening, but that should be resolved soon enough, and the Slingshots will be rolling through there.

I don't like going to Woodstock either, nor up to Nielsens. That was why I went with AHM. Too congested getting there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts