Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My local Indian dealer gave me a heads up on the Slingshot back in July. I was immediately intrigued and committed by giving a deposit. Like everyone else, I too was hoping for a September delivery. No need to rehash what we all know now.

My dealer could not get authorized to get the display or to sell the slingshots. Polaris told them the didn't have enough space. But, they had a new store opening at another location, and I was told they would get me one, and I would be one of the first to get one.

I purchased two motorcycles from these guys, and they treat me like family, but Polaris's handling of the Slingshot release has been a real cluster, and I'm pissed.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Buy 2, one you are committed to already and another from some one who can get you one ..

·
Registered
378 Posts
It appears to be an individual not a dealer selling this base unit on eBay. I am trying to get more info to verify. As confused we may thinks some dealers are at times I hope no dealer is this dumb. Will find out.
It is an individual, the ad says must sell for family reasons...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
This listing on eBay is just about as anger-provoking...... $7,700 ABOVE retail!
You guys remember the big Youtube Slingshot "investor" back in September or October. How much you want to bet that this is him. LOL. He probably has 5 deposits down and needs to flip this one for his next big deal. :)
This just reminded me of that, I am sure he will surface, he was pretty convinced that he was going to get rich flipping early model Slingshots for $5,000 or $10,000 over retail if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Kip
Anyway to checkout that VIN....the picture is a pre-production photo
This does appear to be registered to an individual in Colorado, with a production date of 10/2014. But why a preproduction photo at a dealer? Don't they have their own picture?

Reactions: luckyone

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My dealer could not get authorized to get the display or to sell the slingshots. Polaris told them the didn't have enough space. But, they had a new store opening at another location, and I was told they would get me one, and I would be one of the first to get one.
Gosh Wriggly, I remember talking about this when we were nervous about dealers not having their displays up in time. This is a real big bummer, do you think if we start calling your dealer we could pressure them to step up and do the right thing for you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My local Indian dealer gave me a heads up on the Slingshot back in July. I was immediately intrigued and committed by giving a deposit. Like everyone else, I too was hoping for a September delivery. No need to rehash what we all know now.

I purchased two motorcycles from these guys, and they treat me like family, but Polaris's handling of the Slingshot release has been a real cluster, and I'm pissed.
I know the dealership you're referring to. I was told last week, if I wanted a SS. They can get me one with no problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You guys remember the big Youtube Slingshot "investor" back in September or October. How much you want to bet that this is him. LOL. He probably has 5 deposits down and needs to flip this one for his next big deal. :)
This just reminded me of that, I am sure he will surface, he was pretty convinced that he was going to get rich flipping early model Slingshots for $5,000 or $10,000 over retail if I remember correctly.
i remember that guy make money get paid to own a ss

1 - 20 of 94 Posts