Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks cool. I like the SL wheels so I doubt I'll make a change myself. I do understand your desire to customize. I'll probably do something with a wrap or stripe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
More power is great guys, But I wonder about a few things.

1. That gear box that transfers from shaft drive to belt drive how over rated is it? can it handle extra power?

3. Belt, at what point in increasing power does the belt start jumping a tooth or three.

4. When/If you add a sticker Rear Tire, what will that do to wear and tear to the rear gearbox (Not the Transmission, the Gearbox) and belt.

If the Rear tire breaks loose traction, less force is put on the gear box and Belt, which are probably the weak link, in the drive train.

Hooking up and having Great traction put much more stress on the drive train.

That may be the reason that they went to a harder tire so that it will lose traction and be less harsh on the drive train.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1. That gear box that transfers from shaft drive to belt drive how over rated is it? can it handle extra power?

3. Belt, at what point in increasing power does the belt start jumping a tooth or three.

4. When/If you add a sticker Rear Tire, what will that do to wear and tear to the rear gearbox (Not the Transmission, the Gearbox) and belt.

If the Rear tire breaks loose traction, less force is put on the gear box and Belt, which are probably the weak link, in the drive train.

That may be the reason that they went to a harder tire so that it will lose traction and be less harsh on the drive train.
I understand but i talk about wheels...not tires...;) For tires i just one something good for summer/rain condition...not the most sticky tires in the market!!:D

And i am not the kind of driver to make burn at every corner!! Never done a single one with the T-Rex so it will be the same with the SS!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Gary, not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but it's not good form to make the same post over and over; this is the 4th time I've seen this.

Just pick the appropriate forum and post it there.

Plus all of your questions have been asked before, except maybe the last one.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Dude quit copying and pasting this same post in every thread that has any thing to do about wheels/tires/power. We don't know any of these limitation yet, and do you know what is going to happen when we find them, we will find a way to increase the threshold for that part and then find out what the next weakest link is.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
So to get back on track...

I am looking for something lightweight and 19" - perhaps this Enkei Raijin's?

467-895-6515-BK_65340.jpg

I am looking more for lightwieght than beauty so any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So to get back on track...

I am looking for something lightweight and 19" - perhaps this Enkei Raijin's?

View attachment 498

I am looking more for lightwieght than beauty so any suggestions would be great.
I have 18x8.5 raijins on my Subaru and they are NOT what I would consider lightweight. IIRC the SL comes with forged aluminum wheels. If that is the case you're going to be spending some serious $,$$$ to get aftermarket wheels that are as light/ lighter than OEM, especially with +sizing.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice wheels Tango. You guys ever think about color matched wheels? I know these are little off, but still look cool.

Pretty nice! what is difficult is to find wheels that have the same bolt pattern, size .... ect ...

1 - 20 of 99 Posts