Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Henry, Is that comment meant for those with a turbo ?

Without a turbo and might be or will be buying one soon. And if you have a turbo DO NOT get the 2016 re-flash. I've been running the 2016 flash on my none turbo sling. Power band is a bit smoother but I rev hang more now than I did before.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Without a turbo and might be or will be buying one soon. And if you have a turbo DO NOT get the 2016 re-flash. I've been running the 2016 flash on my none turbo sling. Power band is a bit smoother but I rev hang more now than I did before.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up Henry.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Good info. I am glad you brought that tid bit of info to our attention. Sounds like Polaris is trying to lock the ECU down. Or maybe its just a different encryption because of the time and date they modified it. (Unintentional change)

One thing is for sure. There is no reason to have Polaris do any flash to your ecu if you plan to go Turbo. He fixes all that nonsence that Polaris delivered to us originally.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Guess this is the ONE time that its good to live in California.....YOU CANT GET THE FLASH HERE!! LOL

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts
can you not go back to the 2015 flash?

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
carol & i agree - - after the "Reflash" we too have a higher Rev-Hang
......................tom n carol

·
Registered
103 Posts
DO NOT get the 2016 flash!!! The 2016 flash has new encryption. Bob is working on a fix but it will be a week or so. @jonv , @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft Not sure if you Bob told you guys yet. If not let your customers know and pass the word.
What? I did have the re flash ..or update done about 2 weeks ago! And about to place a turbo order, are we talking that re flash? I will say that my sling has never run better, zero rev hang, no stumble to idle. So if this is the 16 flash what's a guy to do?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What? I did have the re flash ..or update done about 2 weeks ago! And about to place a turbo order, are we talking that re flash? I will say that my sling has never run better, zero rev hang, no stumble to idle. So if this is the 16 flash what's a guy to do?

Yes if you had the dealer do the 2016 reflash Bob will not be able to do a turbo flash at this time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes if you had the dealer do the 2016 reflash Bob will not be able to do a turbo flash at this time.
So the update the dealer has had for a bit is the 16 flash? Then I am surprised that other people have had a rev issue that my flash really eliminated. Guess knowing now rather than Friday when I was going to send Bob my kids tuition, I'll tell them not to get to excited about a good college Bob will figure it out soon.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the update the dealer has had for a bit is the 16 flash? Then I am surprised that other people have had a rev issue that my flash really eliminated. Guess knowing now rather than Friday when I was going to send Bob my kids tuition, I'll tell them not to get to excited about a good college Bob will figure it out soon.

Yes, if your dealer reflashed your ECU you have the new 16 flash.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts