Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one at the Sims Park bike show in New Port Richey. Sky Powersports is there with a base model with the uplevel wheels. I sat in it, and it is very comfortable. I am 6'2" and 275 lbs. I had a friend who is even bigger and he fits in it just fine as well. I will post pics in a second.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my only gripe was that the dealer who brought it changed out the wheels on it, but didn't bother to shoot a little bit of rattle can black over the brake rotor hat area. So they had this brand new Polaris, with the massive wheels on it, and there out in front of everybody were rusty brake rotors. Not just the rotor face mind you, the entire hat area was covered in rust. Bad move on their part. I'll be discarding these for lightweight aluminum hats and rotors when I get mine, just because.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
rusty brake rotors. Not just the rotor face mind you, the entire hat area was covered in rust.
Wait for the production models, Polaris shares your rusty brake concern. At Haydays in Minnesota, the Polaris rep brought me over to the wheels and pointed that out as one of the production improvements that we are going to see. He told me the new material but for the life of me I can't remember. I was suffering from Slingshot shock at the time, reality was coming and going...:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will also mention that the powersports dealer rep mentioned that he had personally had it up past 125 at a closed course event at Daytona International Speedway. "With plenty more left in it". He didn't elaborate any more about the event. He could be full of what most dealers are full of, too so take it with a pinch o' salt. This thing has horrible aero from a straightline top speed perspective. I think he was probably close to the limit at 125, if that is in fact a true story.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I will also mention that the powersports dealer rep mentioned that he had personally had it up past 125 at a closed course event at Daytona International Speedway. "With plenty more left in it". He didn't elaborate any more about the event. He could be full of what most dealers are full of, too so take it with a pinch o' salt. This thing has horrible aero from a straightline top speed perspective. I think he was probably close to the limit at 125, if that is in fact a true story.
I don't know why they feel the need for that kind of BS stories. The SS is a brilliant idea and the execution looks to be excellent but please, spare us the Sales Talk...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
my only gripe was that the dealer who brought it changed out the wheels on it, but didn't bother to shoot a little bit of rattle can black over the brake rotor hat area. So they had this brand new Polaris, with the massive wheels on it, and there out in front of everybody were rusty brake rotors. Not just the rotor face mind you, the entire hat area was covered in rust. Bad move on their part. I'll be discarding these for lightweight aluminum hats and rotors when I get mine, just because.
I don't think painting the rotors is the dealer's call on this one. Polaris still owns these units.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts