Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'd really like to see some kind of bag system that mounts around the swing arm and maybe attaches directly to the frame. You could possibly fit one bag each side.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I'd like to see some kind of baggage designed to fit against the rear body panel on each side of the swingarm, assuming either the panel or its fasteners are strong enough to hang it there.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have some Givi Nylon soft bags that look like they might attach to the two side bars next to the riders elbow just below the body panel wrapping around the seat. I think many other similar soft bags might work well. They should tuck in under the edge of the panel and would complement that panel line coming down from the back around the seat and elbow of the riders.

These saddle bags have Velcro straps and bungie attachments and could be removable quickly. They would tuck under the edge of the panel and would not stick out more than a few inches beyond the existing panel. They are black/dark grey and silver and would go with the Grey colored body color of the SS I have ordered.

That would give SS a lot more storage for longer trips and not require any modifications to attach. That location would also be more centered in the center of gravity of the SS and not impact balance significantly. It might make it a little harder to enter and exit but I can wait until I have her to try them on for size!

With the two compartments behind the seats and a couple of side bags, there is a lot .... a whole lot ... more storage compared to most bikes. Most notable is the ability to store your helmets when stopped. We had that capability with our Burgmans and it was nice to not have to go into stops looking like power rangers with helmets or figure out how to lock them on bike.

I plan on carrying a tire plug kit, rain suits and a light jacket in the compartments behind the seats. I may possibly carry a spare set of police style shorty helmets for warm weather. I plan to normally wear my full size modular helmets with communicators and store them in the storage compartment for short stops.

With side bags for travel wear and other gear the regular storage bins should be available for the helmets and rain gear. And you still have the glove box too! You could store your GPS, maps, passes and other small items in the lockable glove box too! There also appears to be some room for small loose items behind the seats too.

We had really great storage available on our two Burgmans and the SS appears to have more or as much storage as either one or both of them!

With the cockpit and seats the riders can also leave some items inside the cockpit for short stops and the drink cups and power outlets make it a pretty comfortable environment when compared to most bikes or trikes.

Am I getting excited yet!!!! Yep!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
How likely is everyone to buy Polaris's solution to saddlebag-like storage when those become available as opposed to what the aftermarket or some of you DIY garage hackers will do with the accessories you can buy now?

I'm curious who thinks what kind of storage solution will work better for them?

·
Registered
768 Posts
If polaris creates some nice hard bags that enhance the looks then a lot of buyers would buy even if they are pricey! But a lot of people may just want some occasional travel bags and use some sort of rack, Bungies, or soft bags or other alternatives. Since the SS already has pretty good storage a lot of Bikers will feel the storage is adequate.

It will be interesting to see what polaris offers!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Honestly, I would love a similarly styled hard bag option. Manufacturer is less of a factor than matching style and good function.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We'd likely get OEM hard bags if they became available, depending on their size. We would like to use the SS for more than daily rides or overnight trips. Enough storage for a simple 3- or 4-day weekend would be great.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think what's needed is a hard bag that's matches styling, that mounts to each side along side the rear wheel area, easily detachable with a carry handle so as to carry it like small luggage/overnight bag. I want a trailer bad but dealing with parking is a bitch.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Let's not forget to add "Quick Disconnect" and lockable to the hard bag request. And YES, we would probably buy the Polaris solution if they looked good and were actually useable. The hard bags on my previous Vision were all but useless, barely enough room for cleaning rags let alone pack for a trip. My Cross Country has awesome bags, just hope Polaris looks at their Victory line when they start working on this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
And that's for storage I'm thinking about making some stubby wings like that on the Apache with detachable pods underneath. :watching:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think hard bags could bolted to the two available surfaces on both sides of the back of the bike. I would like it to give the bike a more completed look with a more full back end appearance. The reflectors would be moved to the back ends of the bags. Overall dimensions from the available measurements would be 30" x 40" x 12 " on the swing arm side and 24 " on the encumbered side. They could hinge on the bottom and have a panel door that is locked on top like a utility truck compartments. Painted Black or red to match bike. The only issue would be if drive this like a crazy MF then nothing on the back would be safe from the torque.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I want to ride this thing far, baggage will be useful for sure. If Polaris makes a nice kit for the SS I may buy it

1 - 20 of 138 Posts