Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it uses a conventional driveshaft. I could see someone using a longer driveshaft mounted to a rear end. Biggest challenge would be mounting the rear end to something. Looks like you'd have to weld something custom. Makes it a car then!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I can see the swing arm conversion like the Hayabusa guys do. Extend the swing arm and move the rear shock over a little bit to fit wider wheel. Perhaps maybe even a chain drive conversion?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I can see the swing arm conversion like the Hayabusa guys do. Extend the swing arm and move the rear shock over a little bit to fit wider wheel. Perhaps maybe even a chain drive conversion?
I'm pretty sure that Mike from "all things chrome" will come up with something.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
The other day at SEMA I was looking over a slingshot with an engineer from another company when this old walked up and asked about the SS. I explained to him what it was and what the power train was and he just went off! He was so mad that it wasn't just a traditional drive train and it was too complex etc.... I looked at his badge and he was from some transmission shop in IL. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts