Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, forgive any of my stupid facial expressions. The picture looks like I'm wearing a frown but it wasn't. My Son asked me what was in the box, and that was my initial I have no idea expression. That said, I was going to post these pics and ask people to guess what they thought it was, but truthfully............

G0030573.JPG

I just couldn't wait at all!!! I opened the box right after my Son snapped the above pictures. The first thing I noticed was the Alpha Powersport hat showing through the pile of packing foam. I put the hat on and told my Son to take another picture. That's when I noticed the corner of another item sticking out of the packing foam!! The following picture is blurry because my excited movements were kind of herky jerky and I couldn't wait to scoop this thing up. My Son said I looked like "The Silence" from the TV show "Doctor Who" (Whatever that means.) Either that or a small Gorilla finding a banana. He wasn't being very nice. Probably because I made him wake up early to hold the camera. Anyway, I'm posting the blurry picture because it shows a natural response.
G0040579.JPG

I'm usually not an extremely outwardly emotional guy so I'm posting the below picture as well. You couldn't punch the smile off my face!

G0040585.JPG

I'm sorry about the color of my shirt blending with the part. Had I known, I would have worn a different color.

After about an hour and a half, and several phone calls, texts to friends blathering about my prize, I remembered that I hadn't investigated as to whether there was anything else in the box. It's been a long time since excitement overshadowed my ability to be reasonably thorough.

On my second look I found an allen wrench set AND the transmission dust cover!!

pic 5.jpg

pic 6.jpg

As hard as I'm trying, I cannot put into words how elated I am right now and how blown away I am about the generosity of Turbosling and Alpha Powersport. It also probably goes without saying that the quality and fit and finish of their products are second to none!

Every piece is light, solid, and finished so beautifully that it's going to make my SS look like she's wearing jewelry. I just can't fathom that it could be done any better. I feel bad for any of their competition. Just matching this level of precision and quality will be a very tall order.

I tried to get better angles against better backgrounds to show just how good this stuff is. The pictures don't do it justice. Just look at the oil cap by itself. You can tell that it's one solid piece. It's not hollow or cheap feeling, there are no rough edges. Every angle is symmetrical, and front to back the anodized finish is top notch. In a pinch, I could use this as a weapon and it would clean right up, good as new. Seriously, you could probably shoot it out of a cannon and it would be fine (I'm not advising that anyone do that.)

pic 4.jpg

pic 3.jpg

This below pic gives you a better look at the valve cover and coil pack cover. I just don't know what else to say but job well done Alpha. It's perfect. Everything is evenly coated. If it doesn't appear so, it's just the reflection of light. Trust me. There's not an edge on this product that's not finished to perfection. You can also immediately tell that the finish is rugged and durable.

pic 2 valve cover.jpg

Just to go one step further, I snapped a pic of the underside of one of the bolt holes. In the past I've purchased similar products (from other companies) where areas like this were unfinished, and if you had anything there it was just over-spray. Not only was this finished, but it was perfect. If there was an attention to detail award, Alpha would own it!
test pic.jpg

In closing, I must apologize to the forum if I sound like a kiss ass. I understand how it may look. I won a prize so of course I'm not going to sit here and try to nit pick and find flaws right?....Well...right. However, if that were the case and this product was sub par, I would have graciously accepted and simply said thank you with a smile. That is not the case here. These products are at the pinnacle of quality. If they were the benchmark by which other SS aftermarket products were judged, I'd feel sorry for any competitor that doesn't absolutely strive for the best quality standard they can possibly achieve. You guys at Alpha have won me over to say the least. I look forward to being a long time, loyal, repeat customer. Sincerely, I can't say it enough, thank you so very much. Once I receive my SS, I'll post a before and after install video unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Coming from a man who knows how to get a haircut . I'd call that high praise indeed .

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thats some awesome new hardware bud! One question.....Were you so excited that you fell on the floor when you saw the oil cap and had to take the pics from the floor???! LOL

Reactions: Turbosling

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That's so cool; a very generous gift from our awesome supporting members here: Alpha Powersports!

My Son said I looked like "The Silence" from the TV show "Doctor Who" (Whatever that means.)
Yes, now, the Silence are...

141837-the-silence-join-doctor-who-experience.jpg

Uh... what were we talking about?

Well, anyway, congratulations!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts