Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run my Slingshot on a racetrack, preferably in Idaho, Nevada, or California. Any ideas where I could do this? Should I try as a motorcycle track?

BTW, it runs awesome in the snow, with Bizack snow tires, see

·
Registered
291 Posts
To find out:

- Reach out to your tracks and see how they'll deal with it. I doubt they'd let it run with Motorcycles.

- Search TRex forums and see how they deal with track days. We did a Lotus (cars) track day and one guy with a TRex wasn't allowed on.

- Same thing for Morgan 3 Wheeler - check their forums. I did a track day at Road American and the Morgan 3 Wheeler mule car was there running with cars. Problem is that there just aren't that many of them on the road and it might not have come up before.

Tracks are gonna have to figure out how to deal with these vehicles.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Another thing you might want to look into is driving schools. Some of these performance driving schools have their own tracks or large "closed course" areas.

If you find the right person, pay the right fee, and sign the right form; I am sure they would be interested in helping you out. Most of them like seeing new vehicles.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good point. Most tracks have performance driving schools. And yes, they do like new vehicles.

I think the concern is insurance/liability. A track rat car buddy has crazy cars (458 Italia, McL 650s, GTR) and bought a T Rex. He hasn't been able to get it on a track. Won't let it run with motorcycles...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Good point. Most tracks have performance driving schools. And yes, they do like new vehicles.

I think the concern is insurance/liability. A track rat car buddy has crazy cars (458 Italia, McL 650s, GTR) and bought a T Rex. He hasn't been able to get it on a track. Won't let it run with motorcycles...
I want to track the SS if (I ever get it delivered) but I would have to agree with any track's decision not to mix MCs & SSs. I used to be a rabid dirt biker and road with all kinds of MC riders but I want the consequences of a collision to be the same for every rider in my rat pack. A guy in a SS wouldn't have the same fear factor.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Going to need a little more power before hitting the tracks with it I think ,aftermarket should solve that . But just for a show video to promote something I could see that and hope Pocket Man get's it's done , be a good vid to watch .

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
More power is almost always a good thing. BOTOH, there are more Miatas on tracks than any other machine in the world. And they look like they're have'n fun :)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I have a little Ninja 250 for the rain and cold......It's a kick in the pants on the track. It has less power than a magic wand.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Many track hours. One thing I learned is HP isn't everything. It always put me in the dirt, even when I learned how to handle it.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Drag Strip #'s .. 1320 feet from a dead stop . . stock . vs . modified . . would love to see them#'s . . .tom n carol . . .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im guessing there will be enough owners by soon (by spring in the cold states) to have our own track days!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts