Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading for a few days and more than a few hours. I had dropped by the dealer and he had an SL as a demo. It was raining so he took my number and said that he would call when the weather got better. Sat. was a beautiful day 50+ and sunshine. No call.

I didn't pay an extra $5K to get a new Miata, or a Honda Odyssey in 2001, and with all of the QC issues apparently, because they are rushed and figure the public will "forgive" them, I think that I will wait.

Nothing disrepectful to those of you that have bought one and love them. There is no doubt that they will be a blast to own and drive. Being an old fart, I can wait:eek:)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Being an "old fart", waiting may be a mistake.... I'm an old fart too and I didn't want to end up waiting till my next life to have fun, to each his own. Enjoy the rocking chair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being an "old fart", waiting may be a mistake.... I'm an old fart too and I didn't want to end up waiting till my next life to have fun, to each his own. Enjoy the rocking chair.
Oh, I am a long ways from a rocking chair, I just bought a Spyder, so I will get some experience and have fun on it for awhile. Once you guys get all of the bugs worked out, your trade in will be a good deal.:eek:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Another old fart here. I'm not getting any younger so going to enjoy what like the Lord sees fit to let me have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I drove one this weekend and immediately put a deposit on one arriving in a couple weeks. But I agree, after seeing the lack of cock pit ventilation due to virtually no fire wall, the recalls, and the ecu downshift issue; I think I might wait it out too. I can't imagine Polaris not addressing all these issues in the next model. Half a year of fun, isn't gonna be worth it to miss out on the updates to come.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The 2016 model will be better than the 2015. The 2017 will be better than the 2016... but hey, the 2018 will be better than the 2017. It is what it is. You must not want it bad enough. I love mine! :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have been reading for a few days and more than a few hours.

I didn't pay an extra $5K to get a new Miata, or a Honda Odyssey in 2001, and with all of the QC issues apparently, because they are rushed and figure the public will "forgive" them, I think that I will wait.it:eek:)
I'm on the same side of the fence with you. Got the itch to guy one right after the first test drive but having heard the numerous qc issues here I've decided to wait till Polaris corrects the major ones. Plan to retire next year and want my play toy to be reliable on planned long trips.
In the meantime I'm garnering valuable information on this great forum and "building" my SS in my mind.
Be riding my Ultra (rocking chair) Classic in the meantime.
Robert

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Did 250 on mine the other day and had a ball. Only issue I have that has not been addressed is the damn hood not latching. Rode the Wing yesterday and think that is still my preferable ride.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Im not sure what guys are waiting for exactly, theyre pretty much fixed.
The only thing a later model might fix is the hanging, runaway revs, which is annoying to say the least but doesnt get in the way of the vehicles fun.
Now if ya wait maybe 3 years there might be more players in the game besides Polaris.

·
Registered
797 Posts
what is this run-away revs thing people are talking about? I havent experienced this yet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
what is this run-away revs thing people are talking about? I havent experienced this yet.
I don't know if this is what others are referring to, but I've noticed mine continues to rev right as I'm shifting gears (1-3) for a few seconds. It's like once I go past say 2K RPMS, it stays rev'ed up for a few seconds even though I let off the gas. Even does it when I pull into my garage sometimes, if I press the gas a little more than I should while pulling in, it revs high for a few seconds.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't know if this is what others are referring to, but I've noticed mine continues to rev right as I'm shifting gears (1-3) for a few seconds. It's like once I go past say 2K RPMS, it stays rev'ed up for a few seconds even though I let off the gas. Even does it when I pull into my garage sometimes, if I press the gas a little more than I should while pulling in, it revs high for a few seconds.
wow..ok, yeah i just read another thread about this. thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts