Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not trying to be critical, or excessively hard on you , but most of your points of dissatisfaction are really on you, not the fault of your SS. Point 1 may have some legitimacy, as no one likes down time or inconvenience due to recalls. Point 2, without further explanation or details, is a reiteration of Point 1. All the rest is a matter of tastes and preferences. Such as, attracting attention; if you don't want attention or to be noticed, dont pick a vehicle that screams "look at me". Get a Camry instead. And (some other people might hold an opinion different from mine, but) I question the wisdom of an open cockpit vehicle and weather/ temperature concerns and residence in Michigan. Just saying. IMHO, a SS makes a lot more sense where i live in Florida, than it does in Michigan. Overall, i hope you end up with a vehicle choice you can be happy with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the first years of any vehicle, whether is be a car, motorcycle, or even an airplane! Remember the overheating batteries on the Boeing 777? I purchased a 2018 SS GT LE 20180429_160901.jpg and believe most of the bugs are out but who knows. The GT has some great improvements and I am happy with my purchase.
20180429_160901.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, FWIW, this is not exactly true, so far when I have ignored a hacker they have gone away permanently, never to return?

Just saying..........

Bill
I'm going to get ahold of wriggly and I'm sure he'll come visit just to aggravate you.....and your sidekick.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Well, I bet the OP is sitting back and grinning from ear to ear because he accomplished his goal, six pages now of controversy and folks here arguing amongst ourselves.

Good job, Donald!

The OP was totally unrealistic with his expectations of the SlingShot, and, FWIW, if a person in this day and age does not take advantage of the technology to do a bit of research before making a major purchase, then, IMO, they really have nobody but themselves to blame when these well documented common issues arise.
My post earlier on this topic: I Sold My SLINGSHOT (And Don't Miss it One Bit).

Bill
Bill, Bill, Bill....haven't you a good ANTIFA rally to go to? I would've figured with Trump being in office you'd involve yourself in the liberal cause a bit more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fuqckkkk it I’m already crippled ,so as soon as I get mine, and figure out how to get in and out of it, screw the deer..they can just either jump over me,or become lunch..I’m more worried about dumb ass pulling out in front ,like what happened on my motorcycle..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Since there's still some life to this horse, I'm picking up my bat...

3rd - Drew way too much attention for my liking!
My sling is replacing (don't tell the wife) my Rocket 3 Touring. Despite my Triumph being a big beautiful bike; it was invisible. People see me in the sling and if they see me they are less likely to kill me.

4th - Just not a practical vehicle
Yes and no. Is it as practical as my 4 wheeler? No. Is it more practical than my motorcycle? Hell to the yeah.

5th - I just didn't feel safe in it!
I'm going to guess you never spent time on a motorcycle. (Not bashing you for it)

6th - Also, I have talked to many Polaris Slingshot Sales and Service reps, and not one of them owns one. Some have told me flat out that they would NEVER buy one. (I didn't bother to ask them why)
I would be interested to know.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm weird, I know. I'm not really all that interested in what other people think of my Slingshot. I'm having too much fun in it to care. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like it. They don't have to. I do, and that's why I bought it. I have a college student friend who loves my Slingshot, but gets by quite nicely with his skateboard and the campus bus system. I have another friend who loves his Model A Ford. It's not very practical by today's standards, but he doesn't seem to mind. A third friend's favorite mode of transportation is the F22 fighter. He likes flying it more than his current F35, at least in air superiority situations. My point here is that people and their preferences are different. That's okay by me, though some people insist that everyone agrees with them. They're even weirder than I am!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Slingshot is my primary means of transportation. I ride it to work every day. I'm a photographer and carry three video cameras, tripods, wireless mic system an audio recorder, and my lunch ice-chest. Not for everyone, but it works for me.

I use the wife's truck or our car only as a last resort.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my Sling but have been looking at the Vanderhall Carmel,, for the following reasons 1 build quality seems to be higher, 2 They are faster, 3 not so much plastic, 4 I actually like the design (I know not everyone does but I do)... The Carmel comes with a roof that actually covers more of you.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
I love my Sling but have been looking at the Vanderhall Carmel,, for the following reasons 1 build quality seems to be higher, 2 They are faster, 3 not so much plastic, 4 I actually like the design (I know not everyone does but I do)... The Carmel comes with a roof that actually covers more of you.
Join a few of the Vanderhall FB pages...you will question the build quality immediately. It's one of the biggest reasons I don't own one right now. The over all size is substantially smaller than the Slingshot. I think the Carmel is only just under 4 inches wider than the Venice and the Venice is a ridiculously tight fit.

Things I have noticed from the Vanderhall FB pages:

windshield cracks on a good chunk of them
Random no starts
Dealerships are just replacing them because they can't fix them
Brakes constantly have issues
Stereo doesn't connect to phone
Strange sounds that can't be found
Loose bolts on the front suspension

If they all sound familiar...it's because most of them are the same issues the Slingshot had to deal with when they got started.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts